[FIXED] Repetitive Behavior: Ah-ha! Moments

by Braxien

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Repetitive Behavior: Ah-ha! Moments

★★★★★ Guide

Yes! I've noticed the Eureka moments lately and they are from Sims that aren't in the Scientist careers. My Sim could be happy or confident or inspired etc and they sound bored or over it and I'm like why lol.

They definitely changed something.

Message 11 of 29 (1,425 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I think it may have something to do with the changes to decorated moodlets, like when they gain a new one or lose one. I just watched it as a Sim walked into their decorated house. She stopped just inside the door for one of these moments. 

It does happen all the time now though, and just gets old to watch them constantly pause what they’re doing for this. 

Message 12 of 29 (1,403 Views)

★★ Novice
So you guys mean when Sims are constantly looking up or something (like many of you mentioned) while standing still while they have something to do (or when we control them to do something)? Yeah, this happens since Tiny Living
Message 13 of 29 (1,353 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Repetitive Behavior: Ah-ha! Moments

★ Guide

I feel like this has either gotten worse with time, or at least gotten worse recently. It has begun to wear on my nerves when my Sims at times seem to spam unstoppable idle animations between tasks, sometimes even with other tasks queued up directly afterwards. I don't need to see a family having a chain of epiphanies, nor do I need to see them stop and remember "Oh, that's right, we have a thermostat! Gee, that sure is nice. How wonderful. Let's reflect on that again 10 minutes from now..." when they enter a new room or leave the house for a moment to garden then return. But as that is likely tied to the associated moodlet, that's more just input on the general situation (drop everything to stop and realize something) than the specific increase in epiphanies that constantly stop everyone in their tracks. One of the constant themes with Sims 4 that is one of my main dislikes is what I've come to think of as "robbery of control."

I don't have Eco Living installed, for what it's worth.

Message 14 of 29 (1,336 Views)

★ Guide
@cyoung1024 Yes, it's not only the eureka moments, it's... everything. They seem to suddenly dip into a pit of despair, and that's the longest most drawn out animation of them all. And right after they're back to huge smiles because they were happy or inspired, etc. I'd say it's time to see a doctor, but I don't own Get to Work! There's quite a number of these animations and it's just an onslaught of things that leaves me thinking "Please, do what you were doing, I beg of you."
Message 15 of 29 (1,336 Views)

★★ Guide
@Saihyou Indeed. I didn't notice the others when I first posted this bug, but now I see them all all the time. Constant stopping of actions to "emote" in some form. Maddening and nearly unplayable.
Message 16 of 29 (1,297 Views)

★ Guide
@Braxien "Maddening and nearly unplayable" sums up so many play sessions I've had lately. At least I can laugh at this! Misery loves company.
Message 17 of 29 (1,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

It's by design because it is supposed to show when your sim have a decorated environment. But I don't understand why my sim has to show this every time? Did no one think it was annoying to see this constantly?

I ended up downloading a mod which removes it because I see no reason why they should do these animations.

Message 18 of 29 (1,241 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 19 of 29 (1,144 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@SimGuruNickHello, it's difficult to replicate in a save, basically if you play in any household and speed up time a lot, you will see these animations over and over again because the timers can last just a few minutes sometimes. It often happens with the best friends household in BriteChester for example, because they live in a dorm that is poorly decorated, often walk between rooms, and you often speed up time when you are at class.

I'm fine with the buffs but I think the animations are too repetitive and only add to idle animations that makes everything take longer.

Thank you for your support.

Message 20 of 29 (1,064 Views)