Message 21 of 29 (1,162 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Repetitive Behavior: Ah-ha! Moments

★★ Guide
@SimGuruNick Still looking for saves?
Message 22 of 29 (1,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

As others in this thread have mentioned, I've noticed an excess of emotive animations, not just the "ah ha" moments.  Almost every time I give my sims a command, they'll briefly move then stop, sigh, mutter something and then perform the action.  Every time they travel to a new lot, they have some kind of pensive / emotive moment.  Quite often they will stop in the middle of doing something, like studying or cooking, to sigh and emote.  When initiating conversation with friends and family, sims will almost always hug first.  This is especially annoying when they're all eating together.  They will get up, grab their plates, walk over to each other and hug before continuing their conversation.  I usually have to command my active sims to sit down again.  An occasional moment to ponder the mystery of life is okay but they already take at least a sim hour to do the simplest of tasks, so adding in these pensive / emotive moments takes away even more precious sim time.  Thanks to everyone for sharing and thanks to those working on a resolution.  I appreciate your time and consideration. 

Update: One thing I forgot to mention but was reminded of just now while playing.  Sims emote a lot while eating.  They smell the food a number of times and ponder about some other awesome thing a few times.  Speaking of the smelling of foods, I've noticed that I can't leave any food out (not even the empty plates), because the sims will emphatically smell it every few sim minutes.  It's incredibly annoying.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 23 of 29 (1,067 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone's still experiencing this issue could you possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 24 of 29 (957 Views)

★★ Guide

It disappeared for me but now seems to be back post-patch. So. Annoying.

Message 25 of 29 (901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I'd noticed this, too, but wasn't annoyed enough to check the bug report forum.  I'm glad to see it on the laundry list, though!

Me: Go to bed.

Sim:  AH-HA!

Me:  Yes, ah-ha, go to bed.

Sim:  *trudges exhaustedly to bed, then pauses by the side of the bed* AH-HA!

Me: Yes, that's your bed, you found it! good job! get in it and sleep already, sheesh!

Message 26 of 29 (744 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I just hope we don’t need to start a new save game as it was with the bored idle. I hope this fix is retro-active. Generally, I don’t understand why we have so much idle. It was meant as filler if your sims nothing have to do, but since season(I think thermostat started all this nonsense) IDLE plays with moodlets. This cost time and is annoying if you ask me.

Message 27 of 29 (693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, my understanding was that idles were for if they had nothing to do, or if what they had to do involved another Sim and they were waiting for the other Sim to do something. If my Sim is alone in the house with sleeping toddlers and cats, she probably shouldn't "AH-HA!" twice when I've asked her to do something (before walking to the bed, and after walking to the bed but before actually getting into it, to use my above example).

Like, it's mildly infuriating when they do an idle animation right after you tell them to do something but I do understand the "they're waiting for someone else to do something and are playing an idle animation while waiting" thing, no matter how irritating it might be to me (NO "AH-HA!" OBEY ME!). I just feel like I see this when there's no reason for her to be waiting for someone else because she's alone in the house with sleeping pets or whatever.

Message 28 of 29 (659 Views)

Hero

Noticed some Sims doing more of the “A-ha!” or “Eureka!” animations while not being in a Scientist Career? With this update, the “A-ha!” moment doesn’t happen as frequently if your Sims are not in the Scientist Career (they will still do it due to Environment Score, but not as frequently). Though, in all honesty, if a Sim has an epiphany of some kind, shouldn’t they exclaim: “Eureka!”? Discuss.

Fixed in Patch 1.82.99/1.50

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 29 (2,463 Views)