[FIXED] Remove/Edit Gallery Shares

by MorgwenLP

Original Post

Re: I can't delete a sim off the gallery! Please help!!!

★★★★★ Novice

So there's nothing that makes them go away? Come on, EA!

Message 31 of 46 (1,248 Views)

Re: Remove/Edit Gallery Shares

★ Apprentice

Still waiting on a fix for this too. It's been a while...

Message 32 of 46 (1,244 Views)

Hero

There have been reports that it goes away but not right away.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 46 (1,242 Views)

★ Novice

I had a similar thing happen. As far as I'm aware, this is what I did:

1. Shared a Sim to the Gallery, but realized I'd tagged her as #athletic instead of #active.
  2. Went back to my save game file and saved the household again, editing the tag (don't ask me why I did it this way--I'm not sure).
  3. Shared the new version.

Now here's the sticky point: I'm not certain at which point I actually unshared the version with the mistaken tag. I don't know if it was before I shared the new version or after I shared the new version.

Regardless, the initial version (with the #athletic tag) is "stuck" in my gallery. Oh, the unshare button is there, and I can click it, and it appears to go away (accepting the warning message, etc.), but that's just a trick of the UI, because it never truly does go away. It is always there when I refresh my profile or the community search.

I'd be happy to know if there's a way to clean this up, even though it's not a big deal in my case.

Message 34 of 46 (1,221 Views)

Hero

Thank you :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 46 (1,218 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had the same problem today, and all you have to do is:

1.Open Origin

2.Left click to the Sims 4

3.Click repair game

4.Then run Sims 4

5.Open gallery

6.Remove what you want from the community without bugStandard smile

Hope it helps, have a great day Simmers! Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 36 of 46 (1,200 Views)

Hero

Thanks for that.

Another of these weird: it's solved by repairing the game bugs ... hmm .. why does it happen in the first place ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 46 (1,202 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have no idea, i tried everything to solve it and at the end this was my one and only solution.

Message 38 of 46 (1,198 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i got same issue cant remove stuff from my catalog and needs a tidy up

Message 39 of 46 (1,157 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Repairing doesn't help my situation, but I think my particular case is a little different.  I had shared some test lots months back and at some point decided to clean them up.  I removed them from the Gallery (or so I thought - the interface seemed to indicate it worked), and then I deleted them from my library.  However, later when I looked at my catalogue on the Community tab, they were still there.  And there they remain, no matter what I do.  But it's clearly not a local issue, because they don't exist on my local system.

Message 40 of 46 (1,119 Views)