[FIXED] Reflections show backwards in mirrors (Radeon RX 6000 Series)

by Sillyville14

Original Post

Re: Mirrors acting like windows

★★★ Newbie
@Therumlon Hii. Could you please explain what website you got the files from and what steps you took to make them work. I guess I'm dumb cause I can't figure it out.
Message 81 of 180 (1,915 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Chimmy_Games look up 'DXVK doitsujin' , first result should be a github page. Find the Releases section below the about section and click "Version 1.x.x"(whatever is latest). Download the tar.gz file then from that archive, extract the d3d9.dll file found in the x64 folder into the Sims 4\Game\Bin folder
Message 82 of 180 (1,864 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi /_>\ i still cant fix it , could u please make a tutorial video show how to do so ...QAQ im stupid

Message 83 of 180 (1,766 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Therumlon I am on Macbook pro and don't work for me..
Message 84 of 180 (1,695 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi, WolvesCreek

I want confirmation lol. So, downloading this DXVK file fixes the mirror issue in TS3 for people that have the AMD 6000 series? I currently have AMD RX 6800 XT.

Message 85 of 180 (1,659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi @Therumlon, I had the same problem with mirrors in my game and your answer helped me to solve this issue through replacing the d3d9 file a thank you Standard smile

Unfortunately, what I‘ve recognised is that the ReShade was not working after that. It says the d3d9 exists but belongs not to reshade. Do you know how to run reshade then? Thanks!

Message 86 of 180 (1,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@animus_belli I think it depends on your version of ReShade.

This workaround tricks the game into thinking it's Vulkan and not d3d9 and after doing some asking around for myself, I was told the version of ReShade I use won't work with the fix, because it predates Vulkan.

I was also told it's probably not the greatest idea to do a workaround like this on a game still in development and wait for an official fix.

Message 87 of 180 (1,488 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @manzana0807, thank you for your quick response and yes, looks like it is better to wait, even if the glitch is super annoying… Frown 

Message 88 of 180 (1,476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

It's super frustrating I know.

I don't know if you remember, but this isn't the first time something like this has happened that only affected AMD owners. Back after Seasons was released, there was about 6-7 months that the shadows on trees were completely broken and only for AMD owners. That time it affected all AMD cards, but it still took months for a fix and nothing but radio silence from AMD even then.

Even if ReShade were not affected, I still don't think I'd feel okay using the workaround, because it's just concealing the problem and who knows if it's really "fixing" it.

Message 89 of 180 (1,458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

To clarify DXVK DOES NOT work with The Sims 3. Its only meant for The Sims 4.  A few posts back I mentioned having to find a solution for The Sims 3 since its built on 32bit exe.

If you attempt to use DXVK with Sims 3, when you load it the game will ignore the DXVK files and load like normal/not fix anything.

DXVK is ONLY for games running/built on 64bit exe and simply won't work with any 32bit games (as stated by its creator).

The Sims 3 is a 32bit exe, so you need to use WineD3D for Windows and I can confirm using WineD3D fixes the issue/improves camera rotation instance FPS. 

Regarding RESHADE, as WineD3D is openGL it IS compatible with reshade (i've tested this to confirm). aparkison response I believe assumed you were talking about the Sims 4, not the Sims 3?

Again to clarify, you NEED to use Wine3D3 for the Sims 3 or 32bit exe.  DXVK is only for 64bit games/The sims 4.

I should note once again too, that using Wine3D3 fixes the issue, but on exiting the Sims 3 will set your desktop contrast temporarily to 150% and the only way to fix this, is by rebooting unfortunately.  I've emailed the creator and hopefully he will find a solution, but rebooting isn't a big issue for me and its a minor inconvenient bug.

Message 90 of 180 (1,440 Views)