[FIXED] Reflections show backwards in mirrors (Radeon RX 6000 Series)

by Sillyville14

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Reflections show backwards in mirrors (Radeon RX 6000 Series)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just place mirror
What happens when the bug occurs? Mirror reflection is backward
What do you expect to see? Mirrors to work like it should
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New PC. I think it is GPU related (Radeon RX 6800 XT)

I have send ticket to AMD too. This "reflection bug" only happens with Sims. So I hope you guys can help me.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue

Message 1 of 180 (13,297 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORKAROUND] Reflections show backwards in mirrors (Radeon RX 6000 Series)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I can confirm this issue is fixed with the Adrenalin 22.7.1 Optional driver from 7/26/22 on a Windows 11 machine with a RX 6700 XT.

My installed driver before this was from 4/28/22 and the problem was still there post-patch, even with a clean Sims 4 folder.

Not a great screenshot, but this shows the issue is fixed:

TS4_x64 2022-07-29 20-46-16.png

I cannot believe AMD fixed this! I am so happy (I seriously teared up, that's how happy I am)!

Tagging @WolvesCreek to let them know to try the newest optional driver, since they didn't think this would ever be fixed. And @animus_belli and also @skyemuu, because I think they will also be super happy!

Thank you @ADimGaR for the heads up!

View in thread

Message 173 of 180 (5,668 Views)

All Replies

Re: Wierd Reflection "Bug"

Hero
@Sillyville14 I have a Nvidia card and I don't' see this. Guess someone on AMD will need to test.

Is this since the patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 180 (13,265 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No. Since I build this new PC few days ago. All was good in old PC. I had NVIDIA GPU then.

Message 3 of 180 (13,245 Views)

Hero
@Sillyville14 Are there any settings in the AMD settings that could account for this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 180 (13,235 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Not that I know. I have enabled and disabled all settings I can get my hands on. I guess I need to wait new drivers from AMD.

Message 5 of 180 (13,228 Views)

Re: Reflections show backwards in mirrors (AMD Card)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Sillyville14: I have an AMD Radeon (TM) RX 580, and I tested this yesterday (1.70 unpatched) and moments ago (1.71 patched). I couldn't duplicate this problem.

I've uploaded two pics (first is yesterday, second is today; there's no statue in the first pic but that shouldn't make any difference, hopefully), and my DxDiag.txt.

Can you post a DxDiag.txt of your own? Also, what is the version number of your driver compared with mine in "Display Devices"?

Message 6 of 180 (13,099 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same mirror issue, and I'm also running an AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT. I didn't have this issue when I had a NVIDIA 1080 in my build. My game and graphics drivers are up to date. I've attached a screenshot of what's happening in my saves.

Message 7 of 180 (13,045 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@wntrprin : What version is your graphic's card driver? (If you're on Windows, look at your DxDiag.)

Message 8 of 180 (13,035 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My drivers are 21.2.2. DxDiag attached

Message 9 of 180 (13,000 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Sillyville14 : The driver version in the DXDiag is 27.20.14535.1000. The 21.2.2 would be your Adrenaline Experience software, right?

My DxDiag driver version is 27.20.14501.18003, and my Adrenaline 2020 Experience version is 20.11.2; the latter is the recommended version for me, as per this screenshot of the installer choices that I attached.

Message 10 of 180 (12,958 Views)