Re: [WORKAROUND] Reflections show backwards in mirrors (Radeon RX 6000 Series)

by manzana0807

Original Post

★★ Pro

Well it's a third-party hack not even designed to fix this specific problem, so I'm not surprised, but affecting CAS to that extreme is bad. I honestly think all reference to this "workaround" should be removed, because no one knows what the long-term consequences of using it are, beyond what's already been noted.

Every patch, I keep hoping this will be fixed, but no mention of it in this month's Laundry List is depressing. I know QA said they're aware and they're sorry, but I wish they could just be upfront and tell us if it's impossible to fix. I just can't stand playing my game with this bug and I feel resentful when I see people who don't have it, knowing how much I spent on this PC and that this card is listed as supported (certainly doesn't feel like it).

Message 171 of 180 (1,540 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It seems to be fixed now, I just reverted to DX removing DXVK files and all mirrors are working correctly.

I've a RX 6700 XT, latest adrenaline version, W11 up to date, latest Sims version (26 july patch).

I don't know if it was on AMD's or EA's side but I can confirm it's fixed.

Can anyone confirm if it's fixed for you too?

Message 172 of 180 (1,434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I can confirm this issue is fixed with the Adrenalin 22.7.1 Optional driver from 7/26/22 on a Windows 11 machine with a RX 6700 XT.

My installed driver before this was from 4/28/22 and the problem was still there post-patch, even with a clean Sims 4 folder.

Not a great screenshot, but this shows the issue is fixed:

TS4_x64 2022-07-29 20-46-16.png

I cannot believe AMD fixed this! I am so happy (I seriously teared up, that's how happy I am)!

Tagging @WolvesCreek to let them know to try the newest optional driver, since they didn't think this would ever be fixed. And @animus_belli and also @skyemuu, because I think they will also be super happy!

Thank you @ADimGaR for the heads up!

Message 173 of 180 (5,663 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@manzana0807 OMG, I‘m freaking out. Thank you for the good news in the morning Standard smile 

Message 174 of 180 (1,374 Views)

Hero
Going to mark this as fixed for now but leaving unlocked in case anyone has still issues.

Please report back, positive or negative.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 175 of 180 (1,365 Views)

★ Guide
@manzana0807 oh my god! after getting this notification the first thing i did after getting on my computer was install the update and boot up my game and its fixed for me too! and now i can finally go back to being able to tab out of the game and taking screenshots without extra effort too..finally some good sims news!
Message 176 of 180 (1,360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

You're welcome, but @ADimGaR is the real MVP here! Interesting that this isn't specifically mentioned in the driver release notes, but I am just beyond thrilled that whatever AMD did fixed our problem!

Forgot to tag the OP yesterday, @Sillyville14 and I hope they see this, so they know to grab the update.

Message 177 of 180 (1,333 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@manzana0807  ha escrito:

I cannot believe AMD fixed this! I am so happy (I seriously teared up, that's how happy I am)!

That was my reaction too. I couldn't believe it at first, I closed and opened the game several times to be sure lol.

I don't know if it's due to the fact it's finally working as it should and how happy I am because of it, but I've been noticing a lot of improvements, like in the shadows, the lighting and so on.

Thumbs up for AMD for not letting us with our precious "old game" in oblivion.

Message 178 of 180 (1,253 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@manzana0807 Thank you for tagging me, I haven't played in a while but I can confirm that its been fixed! Apparently somebody somewhere went out of their way to fix this issue for us, maybe it was a tweet, a guro but I'm so happy it was fixed.

Has anybody tried the Sims 3 to confirm it was fixed for both games?
Message 179 of 180 (1,053 Views)

Hero
@WolvesCreek Thanks for another positive report.

I'm going to lock this thread now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 180 of 180 (1,039 Views)