[FIXED] Rare MySim trophies missing from time capsules

by ClayMask

Original Post

Betreff: [NOT BUG] Rare MySim trophies missing from time capsules

★★ Guide

@puderosasims wrote:

@funcrunch wrote:

Trading at the flea market is the only way I've been able to find rare MySims trophies lately. My current Sim (who has the Collector trait) spent a Sim month digging at multiple dig spots every single day, found and used oodles of treasure maps, finished the fossil and crystal collections and got the Appraiser trait, but never got a rare MySim until he traded for one.

Have you tried looking for them on Sixam as well? Also, unfortunately, treasure maps seem to be pretty useless.

I have not yet tried looking on Sixam. However, I should not have to have a Sim in the science career or with a maxed-out upgraded rocketship in order to find rare trophies that have been in the game since before the addition of the Sixam planet.

Message 21 of 31 (1,350 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I've filed a report regarding these trophies being too rare, thanks for all the details. I can't tell you when or even if this issue will be fixed, that's up to the designers, but report is filed Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 22 of 31 (1,338 Views)

An update from the designer who looked at my report: 

Discussed with design. There's not much we can do about this. The weighting on each MySim is pretty flat. It's just that there are 20 different ones, so if you just need one there's only around a 5% chance each time that you'll get it. Regardless, there are other ways to get them (EP03 flea market/craft sales vendors/downloading a lot on the gallery).

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 23 of 31 (1,237 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SimGuruNickwrote:

An update from the designer who looked at my report: 

Discussed with design. There's not much we can do about this. The weighting on each MySim is pretty flat. It's just that there are 20 different ones, so if you just need one there's only around a 5% chance each time that you'll get it. Regardless, there are other ways to get them (EP03 flea market/craft sales vendors/downloading a lot on the gallery).

Something about this behavior has changed though; it didn't used to be this difficult (or impossible) to find rare MySim trophies at dig spots. I used to be able to find them occasionally by using treasure maps, but now those never, ever produce a rare trophy for me. (And I have never used mods or CC.)

Message 24 of 31 (1,218 Views)

I investigated this some more and you are correct, @funcrunch, something changed at some point. I'm guessing it broke with the Get To Work Patch, because the issue is that rare-quality MySims trophies will only spawn from time capsules that were collected in Sixam. So if your time capsule came from any world other than Sixam, you currently have a 0% chance of getting a rare. This is something we will fix in a future patch. My apologies for my previous misleading posts. 

Message 25 of 31 (1,158 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Rare MySim trophies missing from time capsules

Hero
I've added this back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 31 (1,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thank you for planning to fix this issue.  I too can't find the last four rare trophies.  I  have only the basic Sims 4 game.  I don't have the game with the Sixam world. I have been looking for some time for these trophies.  Also, I can't find two minerals and two crystals.  Just stuck on these same numbers of items that can't be found for a while now.  Maybe they are included in whatever the problem is with the four rare trophies?  Same with the u.f.o. plant no matter how many times I go space exploring. 

Edit:  I got the u.f.o. plant last night after winning a space race. Separately, I want to add that when the notice says the mother gave me something for the joyride adventure, there's nothing received.  Am I reading this wrong about the mother rewarding me?

Also, I'm stuck on lacking two space aliens in my collection.  Hopefully I'll find them soon. I'm still out on the 4 trophies, 2 crystals.  and 2 metals (I mistakenly said minerals up above). 

Message 27 of 31 (1,049 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Rare MySim trophies missing from time capsules

Hero

• We’ve made MySims trophies less rare.

Finally fixed in Patch 1.43.14

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 31 (2,844 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Rare MySim trophies missing from time capsules

★★ Guide

I can confirm this is fixed in my game; my first two MySim Trophies found after the latest patch, dug up with treasure maps, were both rares.

Message 29 of 31 (845 Views)

Re: [NOT BUG] Rare MySim trophies missing from time capsules

★★★★★ Novice

Goth boy is the one I was missing too. Only found it on Sixam after reading this forum. I went to Sixam, took the capsule out of the inventory and 'copypasto' the capsule 15/16 times and finally got goth boy. When I copypasto the capsule on normal sim worlds, I didn't get goth boy despite having 40ish capsules. However, maybe its because of copypasto. Still, I found around the same amount of capsules and didn't get this mysim trophy until sixam.  

Message 30 of 31 (534 Views)