Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Rare MySim trophies missing from time capsules

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Dig up some capsules and check them for rare MySims statues 2. Only the capsules found in Sixam will contain them
What happens when the bug occurs? No rare MySims statues can be found
What do you expect to see? I want to find rare MySims statues even if they weren't collected in Sixam
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. GTW Patch

I just participated in a challenge where we collected everything we could find.  Only one of us was able to find any of the rare MySims trophies after March 26.  Personally, I had at least 15 copies of all other MySims trophies, used many treasure maps, found many voodoo dolls, and completed all other collections from digging, but was unable to ever find a single rare MySims trophy.  I remember when I first started playing after the game's release, they were easy to find.

Edit:  No mods were allowed in the challenge, and I followed the rules and didn't use them.  I also didn't use CC.

EDIT (crin): Edited this post to add some info @SimGuruNick found in this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NOT-BUG-Rare-MySim-trophies-missing-from-time-capsules/m-p/674... via missing template

Message 1 of 31 (5,185 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Rare MySim trophies missing from time capsules

Hero

• We’ve made MySims trophies less rare.

Finally fixed in Patch 1.43.14

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 28 of 31 (2,857 Views)

All Replies

Re: Rare MySim trophies missing from time capsules after March 26 patch

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (5,119 Views)

★★ Novice

I read on another site that since GTW came out rare trophies are only findable in that world. Is this true? (I don't have GTW and have not found a rare in three months of searching... if it's impossible to complete the collection I'd like to know!)

Message 3 of 31 (4,918 Views)

Hero

I haven't read anything to that extend. I haven't played in a while but didn't have issues finding them in other worlds after GTW came out..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 31 (4,914 Views)

Hero

Anyone still got this issue ?

I don't 

@ClayMask @miffyness

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 31 (4,841 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Not sure, sorry.  I haven't done any collecting in a while.

Message 6 of 31 (4,831 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Rare MySim trophies missing from time capsules

[ Edited ]
Hero

In my current game, this also seems to be an issue for me, so marking this as open.

EDIT: I have two of 4 rare trophies now so they ARE still int the game but really very rare.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 31 (4,802 Views)

Hero

I didn't count. Maybe it's also influenced by using a map, I don't know.

They rare way to rare but it seems they're still there.

I'm still missing two now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 31 (4,756 Views)

★ Novice

Almost one year after this patch and I am with this problem too.
Months searching for these 4 last trophies and nothing found Frown

Once, I've collected 35 capsules from treasure maps and saved the game. Opened all of them... nothing. 
Exit game without save, load and try the 35 again... nothing....
and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... nothing

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (?)

I only have "Spa Day" and "Outdoor retreat"

Message 9 of 31 (4,689 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been searching for Tobor and Violet both rare for literally weeks now and nothing. Makes game play very tedious and monotonous.

Message 10 of 31 (4,577 Views)