Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Random households spawn only a single child

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except a few stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new game and play a few days
What happens when the bug occurs? Random household spawns only one child. When you go into CAS you then cannot save any changes because there is no teen or older sim present.
What do you expect to see? Either a teen or older sim in the household, or the ability to have only children in a household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded Island Living

New savefile, no mods. Not sure if this is present in every world as I have only played Sulani in a new save.  About 5 game days in about 3 kids randomly entered my sim's house without being invited or even met before. When going to household views there were 4 single child sim households.  I don't know what gameplay mechanic makes them spawn.

Message 1 of 26 (4,515 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Random households spawn only a single child

[ Edited ]
Hero

Households populated in the “Other Households” tab in Manage Worlds can no longer be composed of just a Child.
○ They are now properly supervised.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

I doubt that existing ones go away. Delete them if you don't want them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 26 (4,075 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Random households spawn only a single child

★ Pro

I have noticed this since last patch, in my game only single person households are created, including children living alone.

Message 2 of 26 (4,413 Views)

★★ Pro

I've seen this too, but only in Sulani in my game.

Message 3 of 26 (4,393 Views)

★ Guide
I have noticed this since get famous. Some of them were even paparazzis.. 😬
Message 4 of 26 (4,384 Views)

★★ Pro

Single Young Adult, Adult, and Elder, Service Sims (like paparazzi for example) and even Teen only households are normal to see, but single Sim households with just a child are not and just started me for since installing Island Living and playing in Sulani.

Message 5 of 26 (4,372 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is happening also in my game. In one of the most recent saves I've played the past weeks, there is a celebrity girl in her own household. I have seen her around quite often, and will probably add her to one of my own households, or at least give her parent/s.

Its not something I've seen many times, maybe 3 or 4 in the 2-something years I've played.

Message 6 of 26 (4,347 Views)

Hero
Added as Island Living issue as it only seems to occur if you have the pack installed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 26 (4,321 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've seen this in San Myshuno the most.

Message 8 of 26 (4,313 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict In my current save, I now have 5 single children households. Thing is, this started before Island Living, as my previous save was started several weeks ago, after getting Strangerville and Get Famous.
Message 9 of 26 (4,285 Views)

★ Pro

I do not own Island Living but i have children spawned without familys.Single children.png

Message 10 of 26 (4,277 Views)