Re: Random sims in my apartment

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sim comes in uninvited and won’t leave

Hero
@MeltingPenguins Moving yours over to the apartment thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 213 (4,753 Views)

Re: Sim comes in uninvited and won’t leave

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I just created a bug report on this. The trespassing options are not working. I disallowed all four options and the minute my back was turned, everything had reset. I held a yard sale outside my house and indoors looked like I had a party going on. It also took awhile for the send home option to appear.

Message 12 of 213 (4,636 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Heya - I’m having the exact same issue but I forgot to put in a detail! My sim is a celebrity too - it’s not paparazzi that come in though. It always the option to “greet fan” or “sign autograph” although the intruding sim is not labelled as a fan. 

Message 13 of 213 (4,707 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me as well, it seemed like I was supposed to be getting an "inspection" as my landlord came in with a yellow suit on. But then Geoffrey Landgraab also showed up and they both kept grabbing water from my fridge over and over. I had no "send home" option but they did go away after a while. I just had to wait it out. After they both left, I got a pop up saying that I "passed the inspection" and a tip about sorting garbage. 

Message 14 of 213 (4,680 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict This is the same bug that appeared during Island Living and was later "fixed". It appears to be back.

The "Send home" option is there and works, albeit with a bit of a delay.

But sims just randomly walk into and through the houses all willy-nilly. Lol... I even had one walk in the back door, through the house, and stop INSIDE the house and knock on the front door (from the INSIDE).

People just keep on coming in. I keep sending them away, but it just keeps happening.

And the new "Disallow" feature is useless. It keeps getting reset.
Message 15 of 213 (4,654 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same issue here, but with a house. I've had three sims come in now without permission. One did so twice. None of these sims were even previously known by household residents. I'm in Evergreen Harbor.

Message 16 of 213 (4,706 Views)

★ Guide

I had the similar issue when playing Greenburg household from Evergreen Harbour.

They were having dinner and suddenly Darling Walsh from City Living decided to come into the house and join the dinner too. She went back home by herself later one.

The occurrence is somewhat weird but funny at the moment.

I did not consider this to be a serious bug because i had it only once throughout my first 5 hours after the patch and installation of Eco Lifestyle.

Message 17 of 213 (4,699 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Psychotps I know we had this before but the new options are supposed to fix it in another way. So there should be a send home and the options on the door should disallow stuff like that (and yes, the resetting is a bug)

My guess is, that the system they added with IL friendlyness is very fragile so they choose this option.

So, the Sims pouring in would probably still be an issue but the question is, can you resolve it now with the door options and the send home

So questions to everyone

- Do you have the send option
- Did you disallow trespassing (resets on travelling)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 213 (4,672 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I have the send option but only for sims that I invited or I agreed to let them in and disallow trespassing is resetting after travelling or changing family.
Message 19 of 213 (4,651 Views)

Hero
@Maysbat and if you reset it it doesn't keep them from coming ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 213 (4,639 Views)