Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] Random Sim in apartment/house /Guest not leaving (Patch 1.63.

by MysticGlamazon

Original Post

Random sims comming into my home and e.g start cooking

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except star wars and vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just keep playing
What happens when the bug occurs? When the sim is home, random people just walks right into my house and start doing mundane stuff (cooking, sleeping in my bed, shower, sits on my comuputer), like they live there. It's weird, they only acknowledge my sim if I my sim start speaking to them. it happens almost instantly when my sim gets home from her decorator job.
What do you expect to see? not random sims walking into my sims home. at least knock..
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I've had it happen before but not at all as often as after I downloaded dream home decorator, now it happens all the time.

I've explained it up. It does work to click on "send home", but then a new sim just pops right in soon after that. please fix this, and no, it has nothing to do with the neighbourhood action plan.I've repaired and always clear my cache files before I start my game. 

Message 202 of 213 (2,225 Views)

Sims randomly entering my lot/house

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Discover University, Spa Day, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day Stuff[, Tiny Living Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It occurs randomly, so just by playing through.
What happens when the bug occurs? Unknown Sims (not friends or acquaintances, just complete strangers!) will come up to my lot/house and get in. If I look my doors, they will just use the pool or hang around the house. Often I can't get the option to send them home, and I always have to introduce my sims to them so I can get them to leave. A lot of sims will come at once, e.g. 3 sims in a space of 5 minutes. Please note I've set my lot to private dwelling. Please note I don't own Eco Living so it isn't any NAP or anything like that. They also go in regardless of doors being locked.
What do you expect to see? I expect to not have uninvited Sims show up and go inside. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch. 5/27/2021

I don't have screenshots at the moment.

Message 203 of 213 (2,182 Views)

"Send Home" Option Not Appearing

★★ Guide

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play within a residential lot in Evergreen Harbor for a few sim days. I've had this occur in the Pinecrest Apartments as well as the Canal Corner lot of Conifer Station.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims who are not a part of my household come into my house uninvited and begin to use my objects. There is no "Send Home" option for any of these sims. They stay for hours and sometimes days at a time. I'm forced to continually lock and unlock my doors in order to keep them out.
What do you expect to see? I expect random sims to not be able to invite themselves into my home and use my things, and if they do show up, I expect to be able to "send home".
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's been happening since I installed Eco Living when it launched in June of last year.

I've disallowed visitors, neighbors, solicitors, and vampires, but they still come into my home uninvited. It is a brand new save, no mods installed, and no NAPs are active.

Message 204 of 213 (2,122 Views)

Re: Random sims in my apartment

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Sometimes even with the send home option they just don't leave and then when I try again to say goodbye it says they are already leaving - whilst continuing to play on the household laptop or watch TV for another hour. In one house I have someone come in, everyday, for a glass of water which they leave empty on the floor (and the really annoying thing is I can't pick it up as my active sims didn't put it there!)
Message 205 of 213 (2,030 Views)

Re: "Send Home" Option Not Appearing

★★★ Apprentice
@thefailedbeta Geoffrey never went home, he stayed all night; there was no "send home" alternity, a bit annoying! :/
Message 206 of 213 (2,011 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] Random Sim in apartment/house /Guest not leaving (Patch 1.63.

★ Guide

I had this happen to me for the first time today it was Mortimer Goth and he was invisable, he ate all the food from my fridge then broke the sink shower and toilet in my bathroom and then kept trying to talk to my sims. He was invisable so I couldn’t see if he had the send home option, i tried resetting him but nothing changed so I eventually had my sim travel and selected to have him come with me and my sim ended up beating him up 

Message 207 of 213 (1,863 Views)

Random Sims walking into house

★★ Novice

Since I have downloaded the new gamepack I have had random townies walking into my house uninvited. I am not sure how to fix this but it is getting annoying. They come in walk around the house do not touch anything and then leave. Sometimes they walk up to the sink and wash their hands. But I am not sure how to fix this. I do not want to set my lot to private but this is happing with ALL of my games. Please help. 

Message 208 of 213 (1,874 Views)

Re: Random Sims walking into house

Champion (Retired)

@Sissster108 

Occasionally there can be a routing issue where the sim enters through a back or side door to go to the front door and knock The solution to this is simple lock that door to everyone but the household. There are other things that can cause it like phone calls (remember me) (a friend of mine wants to get to know you). You can just click them and select Make leave. There also was an issue where they came in to use your grill. (that has been fixed). And then there are Vampires which you can disallow at the front door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 209 of 213 (1,845 Views)

★ Guide

After I got my self the Paranormal Accessory Pack today Yamachu somehow couldn't leave my plot! She was for over 1 full day at the sim is already leaving status and so couldn't be talked to. Also she didn't move even 1 step away from the outdoor spot. At some point she had her dance animation, did play guitar or had hear head hanging with some icons that I would interpret as hearth broken.  At one point my sims couldn't even access my fridge because someone else was try to use it with only Yamachu nearby beside the 3 sims I did full controlling. I got her vanishing from my plot when I visited s other plot for some time and when returning Yamachu was gone.

Message 210 of 213 (1,822 Views)