[FIXED] [ROM] "Always Transportalate" issues with eat/clean up/laundry/trash

by Cammy2123

Original Post

Re: Glitch with sims carrying things

★★ Guide

while "Always Transportalate" is enabled,

sims can't clear dishes,trashes, and books and take a dish from a serving dish with a moving range of Transportalate.

If the range is near, sims decides to walk instead of Transportalate, It does not happen.

I think the game glitches with sims carring things while Always Transportalate" is enabled

Message 11 of 25 (1,420 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Sims can't clean up while "Always Transportalate" is

Hero (Retired)

Problems with "Always Transportalate" - all seem to be stemming from the fact that sims can't carry anything while transporting.

Clean up dishes or trash - they'll transport to the sink or dishwasher or garbage can WITHOUT the dirty items, then usually cancel the action. There is a bug report for this particular symptom (cleaning up). But, the problem happens with all sorts of other things, including queuing a multi-task event. For instance, queue to drink something and use toilet - they start drinking and then put the drink down and transport. Read a book - they'll transport to a chair to read, but don't take the book with them and drop the action from the queue. Grab a serving from a plate and talk to someone - grabs the serving, puts it down and transports to the dining room table. I can't have a sim grab a serving from the refrigerator and go watch tv - they'll grab a serving, put it down on the counter, transport to the living room and watch tv. If you don't drag the serving to where they're standing, and ask them to eat the serving, they'll transport back to the kitchen and drop the tv viewing. 

Problems only occur with the "Always Transportalate" option on. Removing it returns to expected behavior. (No mods/cc, never used)

Message 12 of 25 (1,386 Views)

Sims unable to complete tasks and are stuck!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: strangerville, island living, get famous, my first pet, jungle adventure, fitness stuff, bowling night, vintage glamour stuff, backyard stuff, spooky stuff, luxury party, cool kitchen and moschino stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims do not perform simple task such as 'clean up'. You have to reset the sim every time to make them complete them, if this doesn't happen I just give up on the task I set them and change it. They also keep getting stuck and do not move.
What do you expect to see? Smooth flow of interactions set to the sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Realm of magic and recent patch update

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: strangerville, island living, get famous, my first pet, jungle adventure, fitness stuff, bowling night, vintage glamour stuff, backyard stuff, spooky stuff, luxury party, cool kitchen and moschino stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims do not perform simple task such as 'clean up'. You have to reset the sim every time to make them complete them, if this doesn't happen I just give up on the task I set them and change it. They also keep getting stuck and do not move.
What do you expect to see? Smooth flow of interactions set to the sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded Realm of Magic and the recent patch update

Message 13 of 25 (1,437 Views)

Re: Sims unable to complete tasks and are stuck!

Hero
@xbeckigalx Moving your post to tech for troubleshooting

Could you test a fresh save and a different household if the same happens.

Please tag me in your answer so I don't overlook it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 25 (1,404 Views)

★★ Novice

I made a quick (normal not a witch) sim and it worked fine.

I then went back on the game file I was using and the same keep happening, it makes it more annoying now as the sims have toddlers and then the tasks keep not responding properly to tend to the needs. 

Thanks for the idea though, I may just have to delete the one I was playing and just restart over, which is annoying. 

@crinrict 

Message 15 of 25 (1,383 Views)

Hero
@xbeckigalx do you have the always transportable (or whatever it's called on) ?

That's known it cause issues with clean up

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 25 (1,376 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict  oh actually yes, I made both my adult sims do that. Maybe I'll try turning that off. I'll let you know how it goes!

Thanks!

Message 17 of 25 (1,370 Views)

Hero
@xbeckigalx Merging your post with that thread then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 25 (1,362 Views)

[RoM] can't do laundry or dishes when "Always teleportate" is on

★★★ Guide

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all official DLC
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Caster sim needs to learn the teleport spell. Activate "always teleportate". Then click on a hamper to do laundry, or click on dirty dishes to do dishes - in my cases I have washing machine and dishwasher.
What happens when the bug occurs? Caster sim will pick up dirty laundry and immediately drop it on the floor. They will do the same with dirty dishes - pick them up and immediately put them back down.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to do what they're told to do. If they can't teleport while holding objects, then walk.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

They like to use the teleport spell even for short distances where it's faster to walk, but as soon as they have to do stuff like laundry or dishes they're dumbfounded and don't know what to do. When the teleport spell isn't on automatic it is incredibly clunky to use because it's buried 4 levels into the menu, so it's not really worthwhile to do it manually. The vampires have their teleport and bat on the first level of the menu, the way it should be, and I've never had any problems with them not being able to teleport anywhere or even do chores with their specials on automatic.

Message 19 of 25 (1,325 Views)

Re: [RoM] can't do laundry or dishes when "Always teleportate" is on

★ Guide

I have the same problem with dirty dishes, but the laundry works if the washing machine is close enough(in the same room with a small distance).

Message 20 of 25 (1,313 Views)