Re: Sim can't plant Mandrake or Valerian Root indoors when it's freezing outside

by leahr33

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Too cold to plant Mandrake or Valerian Root indoors

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put a Valerian Root or Mandrake in a planter pot indoors when it is freezing outside, and try to plant it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim is unable to plant them, with the option saying "It's too cold to plant!". Plants not from Realm of Magic seem to be able to be planted as normal.
What do you expect to see? Ability to plant things indoors in a planter pot regardless out outside weather/temperature/season.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the Realm of Magic pack.

[CM - Removed duplicate text]

Message 1 of 15 (3,468 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Too cold to plant Mandrake or Valerian Root indoors

Hero

Mandrake and Valerian Root plants are now able to be planted indoors when it is Too Cold if Simmers have Realm of Magic installed.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (3,133 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sim can't plant Mandrake or Valerian Root indoors when it's freezing outside

Hero
@SnowieSimmer Could you test if it happens for all planters ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (3,412 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Do you have a thermostat set to heat up your house? If not do that then try, I remember having the same issue with other plants.

Message 3 of 15 (3,406 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is very similar to a bug I ran into today while I was playing, it sounds related to this older thread where I just posted a comment. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Can-t-plant-most-plants-too-cold/m-p/6880270/hig...

Message 4 of 15 (3,370 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry it took me so long to test it out, I had work last night. I tried it for every planter, still doesn't let her plant it. I also tried it with a thermostat in the house set to warmer, but there was no change.

Message 5 of 15 (3,325 Views)

Hero
@SnowieSimmer Did you also try different rooms ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (3,321 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes indeed, they were in a couple different rooms when I tested the different plant pots.

Message 7 of 15 (3,315 Views)

Hero
@SnowieSimmer I can actually duplicate this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (3,295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

other plants else have this problem

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Gardening-Plants-don-t-need-water-or-weeding-in/m-...

or here?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Can-t-most-plant-too-cold/mp/6900438#M66680

I think there is so much to say about plants. And I think a lot depends on each other in the planting system. It is not so good to part with many contributions. So no one can see that copies of misprogrammed equipment have been taken or that they have programmed all equipment in different ways.

Editing in this forum is not so nice.

CM Edit - I've merged your posts together, in the future you can edit your post by clicking the 3 dots in the top right corner of your post and selecting "Edit Message".
Message 9 of 15 (3,282 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Too cold to plant Mandrake or Valerian Root indoors

★★ Novice

I had this happen too but noticed that it only gave me the too cold to plant message when it was extremely cold out. (Thermometer was at the very bottom and was glowy blue with the snowflake icon) When the outside temp warmed up above freezing they were plantable indoors like normal. So it is clearly flagging them as still outdoors when they are inside. Once I was able to plant them it did show them as Sheltered however.

Message 10 of 15 (3,246 Views)