Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Spellcasters can't clean potty or child messes with Magic

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a spellcaster attempt to cast the Scruberoo spell on toddler/child messes and dirty potty chairs.
What happens when the bug occurs? On potty chairs, the sim will cast the spell but it will not clean out the potty chair; the spell will simply not appear on a toddler/child's "Make a Mess" stains.
What do you expect to see? To actually be able to clean both situations with magic.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Now I don't know what's going on, but it feels like only half the cleanable situations with the above spell are actually cleanable, with these being the most obvious.

Message 1 of 7 (2,059 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [ROM] Spellcasters can't clean potty or child messes with Magic

Hero

Spellcaster Sims can now clean potty messes, child messes, and kitty litter messes by casting Scruberoo.
○ Magic… it’s magic.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,627 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Spellcasters can't clean potty or child messes with Magi

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Noticed this earlier today. Exactly as described above: dirty potty has the option to cast the cleaning spell on it, but it won't clean the potty. Child-made mess doesn't even have the option to cast spell. I think they simply didn't code magic compatibility with more than base game things, and pets as familiars, since both potties and messes came with Parenthood pack. Definitely hoping they'll fix this oversight, I'm sure these would be high on any spellcaster parent's wish list!

Message 2 of 7 (1,956 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Spellcasters can't clean potty or child messes with Magi

★★ Apprentice

yes !!! and you should be able to clean dogs and toddlers using scrubberoo 

Message 3 of 7 (1,903 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Well, I am not even able to cast a spell on those :D I thought it's by design Standard smile

Message 4 of 7 (1,886 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

You can't cast any kind of spell on children or pets, it's true. I assume it was an intentional choice, but I dislike it. Spellcaster parents should be able to scrubadoo their children. Also, children should be able to drink potions.

Message 5 of 7 (1,775 Views)

★★★ Guide

Maybe they wanted to keep the traditional chore of caring for children to remain?

My mommy and daddy spellcasters however are not amused😄😜

Message 6 of 7 (1,754 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [ROM] Spellcasters can't clean potty or child messes with Magic

Hero

Spellcaster Sims can now clean potty messes, child messes, and kitty litter messes by casting Scruberoo.
○ Magic… it’s magic.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,628 Views)