[FIXED] [ROM] Spellcaster eyes not working properly

by Sparkiekong

Original Post

Spellcaster eyes not working

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Realm of Magic, Vampires, Cats and Dogs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS, create a spellcaster, and try out the occult eyes
What happens when the bug occurs? I click on an occult eye (let’s say the green cat eye), and it ends up being a random human eye colour. My spellcasters cant have unique eyes.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a polished pack, where every feature works. I expect that spellcasters are able to have occult eyes, and not have them bug out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I purchased and downloaded Realm of Magic.

I’m honestly quite annoyed about this. It’s such a simple feature that the sims team overlooked. After purchasing a pack I had to wait a month longer than pc/Mac players for, I expect it to be fully polished and ready to be played. Small bugs like this shouldn’t be happening.

Message 31 of 72 (2,330 Views)

Re: Spellcaster eyes not working

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LittleKawaiiKat Merged your post with the PC thread on this

It's still an open issue there too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 72 (2,311 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Spellcaster eyes not working properly

★ Apprentice

im having the same issue... when is it gonna be fixed its been a while

Message 33 of 72 (2,182 Views)

Re: Spellcaster eyes not working

★★ Guide

same here on XB1.

might this have something to do with spellcasters being the only occults without a second form?

cause I ran into the same problem with vampires and mermaids (not sure about aliens right now) but only when I tried to change the eyecolor in their human form, when I changed it in their occult form it worked (and since I linked the two forms  that translated to the human form)....just a thought.

Message 34 of 72 (2,156 Views)

Only spell caster eyes not working

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? island living,get famous, seasons, pets, city living, get together, get to work, realm of magic, Parenthood, vampires, outdoor retreat, toddler stuff, romantic garden stuff, perfect patio stuff, luxury party stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into new game cas and try to make a realm of magic sim. Only their occult eyes won't work all other occult sims eyes are fine.
What happens when the bug occurs? The eyes don't take the occult skin and put a random color down
What do you expect to see? The occult eyes in my sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Spell castor eyes still don't work after disabling cc and mods

Message 35 of 72 (2,004 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current as of 10;11pm on November 7 2019
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? create a spellcaster
What happens when the bug occurs? The occult eyes that are supposed to be able to be chosen don't actually show the occult eyes. It picks a random human color instead.
What do you expect to see? That if I want a witch with frog mermaid eyes, that I can choose that.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? CC and Mods but they don't evolve around eyes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded Realms of Magic

Message 36 of 72 (1,872 Views)

★ Apprentice

Has anyone tried contacting EA's tech support about this? I just got out of the support chat and the advisor said he'd pass it along to his team, maybe if we all did this they'll take the hint and fix it? At least, I'm hoping they do, part of why I buy the packs is for the CAS content, and there was hardly any in this pack so the eyes not working properly really salts me 

Message 37 of 72 (1,853 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm still having the same issue is there anyone who's found a solution or had a response from EA about this yet?  Embarrassed

Message 38 of 72 (1,821 Views)

★ Novice

I’m on ps4 and I’m having this same issue

Message 39 of 72 (1,754 Views)

★ Guide

I can't properly express how very disappointed I am in that no one has addressed the eye issues of spell casters. There were so many fixes, I thought for sure this would be in the list. They are not fixed. Not mentioned... and still VERY much there. On a brand new save, from a brand new install... on a fresh copy of windows 10 64x.

If there's someone I can contact that's higher up, please point me to them. It's obvious that no one who fixes things looks at the forum. I have another post that's gone unfixed for a year now and this one has been going on since ROM released. It's becoming a point of anger for me and I don't want to be angry. I love the game and I just want to play the game in the way that was provided to me. I feel unheard and unappreciated and I'm not the only one on this list who's experiencing this issue. I feel like no one cares about us.

It's very depressing and disappointing.

Message 40 of 72 (1,720 Views)