Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Spellcaster eyes not working properly

by Sparkiekong

Original Post

Re: New Realm of Magic EYEBROWS are BROKEN

★★ Novice

@AzzureRain Sure, drawn on eyebrows exist IRL, but the reasons I think they're bugged are: 1. Their icon in the selection panel is red and should be black (even if they are meant to look drawn on). 2. The Sim (Morgan) in the official render has the same eyebrows, I compare them with every single eyebrow we have and non of them fits but the ones bugged with no detail). 3. The Sim (Morgan) has the bugged eyebrows in the Official Trailer but in the Gameplay Trailer he has different eyebrows so they change them, which makes me believe the Sims team already know about this.

Happy Gaming!

Message 21 of 72 (2,492 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue with the occult eyes where when I select them, I get a random human color instead. Very frustrating - if I wanted a human eye color, I would have picked it!

Message 22 of 72 (2,474 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issue as the first poster.
Occult eyes just choose any human eye at random, different each time you pick them.
Removed my mods and cleared my caches and repaired my game.

Please fix this EA.

Message 23 of 72 (2,414 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having this exact same issue as well. -- Removed all my mods, repaired my game, and still no fix.

I hope that with the next patch coming Oct 3rd that this will be resolved.

Message 24 of 72 (2,305 Views)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dutch
How often does the bug occur? Just figured it out, but so far every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs, all game packs except for StrangerVille, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Backyard Stuff and Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a spellcaster
What happens when the bug occurs? The occult eye colours that are supposed to be able to be chosen don't actually show up as these colours but as one of the human colours instead.
What do you expect to see? That the occult eye colours show up as they are displayed to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing the Realm of magic game pack and Island Living expansion pack (I downloaded them at the same time).‌

Message 25 of 72 (2,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm pretty disappointed that there was no fix for this in the Oct 3 2019 patch...and there's no updates... there's no.. hey we're working on it... nothing. I've two posts on here and neither have been really addressed. One is going on a year old.

I'm not mad, just sad and super disappointed that nothing I've reported has been fixed. My oldest post being nearly a year old and something a year old should have been fixed 11 months ago.

Message 26 of 72 (2,197 Views)

★ Guide

Also having this eye issue in CAS. No mods/CC. 

Really bummed that this wasn't fixed in today's patch, nor was the situational outfits bug in the magic realm so I still have Sages wearing Knight outfits. I'm about to throw some mods into my game, kinda tired of the outfit bugs happening after every single pack. Since it's such a common bug, maybe they should check that every time they patch.

Message 27 of 72 (2,188 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue here with the eyes not working properly even since Realm was released. I have mods disabled, it's clearly a bug.

I also have an issue with certain clothing items, like socks and tights, not showing with new clothing added in Realm.

I wasn't annoyed when I found the bug, but I gotta admit I'm pretty salty that it hasn't been patched or even mentioned officially..

Message 28 of 72 (2,050 Views)

Anonymous

Possibly related? My mermaids and spellcasters can both pick from ANY occult eyes, so they can have alien or vampire eyes

Message 29 of 72 (1,978 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It's specific to the spell casters. I had no troubles with the game until I installed ROM. Before ROM I would get exactly what I chose no matter CC or not CC. With the spell casters it doesn't matter if there's CC or not. If I pick any of the occult eyes that are supposed to be available to me, it will choose a random human eye color. You could click between two occult eyes back and forth and it would continue to change the eye colors but would always pick a human color. What's interesting is that the same thing happens with and without CC installed. So it must have something to do with the way they catalog swatches. The same thing happened this time last year with hair after they attempted to fix child eyebrows.

What you've reminded me of and what I haven't checked is to see if this occurs with any of the other occult races.

Edit: I checked the other occults and they seem to be working properly. Though I had trouble with vampire kids and toddlers eyes not sticking to the ones I chose but I think it's CC related and not relevant here.

Message 30 of 72 (1,970 Views)