Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Spellcaster eyes not working properly

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current as of 1:30 EST on Sept 10 2019
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? create a spellcaster
What happens when the bug occurs? The occult eyes that are supposed to be able to be chosen don't actually show the occult eyes. It picks a random human color instead.
What do you expect to see? That if I want a witch with frog mermaid eyes, that I can choose that.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. updating to realm of magic

You can see in the images. If you pick an occult eye it does not show the occult eye, it will pick a random human color and if you were to choose the same occult a few times it will give random human eye colors.

Edit: (10-10-2019) I checked the other occult races and they do not have the same trouble as the spell casters. @crinrict 

2019-09-10_13-36-38.jpg

Message 1 of 72 (36,650 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Spellcaster eyes not working properly

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue where Occult eyes would not properly apply to Spellcasters.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Thread for console: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-XB1-PS4-Spellcaster-s-Eyes-not-working/m-p/854...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 58 of 72 (21,481 Views)

All Replies

[Needs Fix] Vampire/Spellcaster Eyes keep changing to normal

★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Get to Work, Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, City Living, Get Famous. Game Packs: Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic. Stuff Packs: ---
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea, but for me it occurs in and out of cas mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have a problem with Sims 4 Supernatural eyes. On my previous laptop no problem whatsoever, but on my new one everytime I click the occult eyes I get normal Sim eyes. Aging doesn't work, other Sims don't work. Occassionally they seem to work on Vampires, but only when I'm lucky and editing might cause them to go back to normal Sim eyes too. The only way to make it work for Vampires is to turn them into their dark forms and even this is somewhat farfetched. The problem always occurs in children/toddlers, unless they're born with Vampire eyes and even then it doesn't always work.
What do you expect to see? I expect my Vampire and Spellcaster eyes to work normally and not have ordinary Sim eyes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have a problem with Sims 4 Supernatural eyes. On my previous laptop no problem whatsoever, but on my new one everytime I click the occult eyes I get normal Sim eyes. Aging doesn't work, other Sims don't work. Occassionally they seem to work on Vampires, but only when I'm lucky and editing might cause them to go back to normal Sim eyes too. The only way to make it work for Vampires is to turn them into their dark forms and even this is somewhat farfetched. The problem always occurs in children/toddlers, unless they're born with Vampire eyes and even then it doesn't always work.

Nothing seems to work for me. I tried repairing my game, I tried uninstalling mods (even though I already had this problem BEFORE I ever had any mods installed on this laptop), I even tried to reinstall my entire game. Any of you guys having the same problem as I have, or know how to fix it?

Eyeeees.png

Message 2 of 72 (36,480 Views)

Re: [Needs Fix] Vampire/Spellcaster Eyes keep changing to normal

Hero
@JackXAngelica merged your post with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 72 (36,467 Views)

Realm of Magic - Eyes

★★★ Newbie

Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? newest for pc Tue, September 10 2019
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS when you pick Magic Creature and click on eyes and change colors.
What happens when the bug occurs? I pick a eye color and it gives me a random color, if I switch between colors it also another one again even if I picked it before with another wrong color.
What do you expect to see? The eye color I picked.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the pack realm of magic itself, every other sims or creature eye pallet works.

Hello,

So I hope I answered everything right, if I didn't or you have any questions please send me an email.

I'm not the only one having this issue. (see: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/d2c02v/i_dont_know_why_but_at_my_version_the_eye_colors/?utm...)

There is also a video added (I can't upload it or any pictures here)

It's the official Sims4 subreddit, so I hope you are allowed to see it Standard smile

I hope you can fix it.

The pack is online for 1 1/2 hours in case you need this information.

Message 4 of 72 (36,436 Views)

Occult Eyes Not Functioning for Spellcasters

★★ Apprentice

Platform: PC
What is your current game version number? 1.55
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into create a sim, check eye colors on a Spellcaster, the occult eyes show as normal colors.
What happens when the bug occurs? Occult eye colors do not show properly.
What do you expect to see? The proper occult eye colors to show. If they are not available to spellcasters, they should not show up as an available option in CAS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Just installed the Realm of Magic pack.

I was playing around with the new Realm of Magic pack and before I found out the progression system was broken, I tried to modify some of the spellcasters in Glimmerbrook. I noticed that vampire and mermaid eyes color options were listed in CAS, but when I clicked on they showed up as normal eye colors instead. If they are not available for casters, why are they in the CAS? If they are supposed to be, then they are not functioning properly. Either way, it needs to be addressed.

Message 5 of 72 (36,213 Views)

Re: Occult Eyes Not Functioning for Spellcasters

★★★★ Pro

This has also been confirmed by Simguru Nick on Twitter.

Message 6 of 72 (36,200 Views)

Re: Occult Eyes Not Functioning for Spellcasters

★★★★ Apprentice

I can't get any of the new eyes to work for me either.

Message 7 of 72 (35,796 Views)

Realm of Magic eyes not working + CAS can't rotate

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them (lol)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? I go on to CAS and usually when I click and drag, it rotates the sim around. But just recently, it wouldn't let me drag anywhere to rotate the sim, it just starts grabbing random body parts of the sim like a magnet and it no longer lets me rotate, instead just starts enlarging or making body parts smaller. Also, the Realm of Magic sorcerer eyes aren't working.
What do you expect to see? For the first one, it won't let me rotate the sim, just starts enlarging or making random body parts small and snapping onto it. For the second one, when I select one of the sorcerer eyes, it just appears a normal color.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I go on to CAS and usually when I click and drag, it rotates the sim around. But just recently, it wouldn't let me drag anywhere to rotate the sim, it just starts grabbing random body parts of the sim like a magnet and it no longer lets me rotate, instead just starts enlarging or making body parts smaller. Also, the Realm of Magic sorcerer eyes aren't working (see which one is selected below). vv

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 3.30.48 PM.png

Message 8 of 72 (35,372 Views)

Sims 4 SpellCasters CAS glitch and Crash

★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the current packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When making a Sim or having a premade sim enter CAS via the cabinets or mirror
What happens when the bug occurs? When I go to make a spellcaster with the most recent game pack, I noticed that we had access to Mermaid CAS eyes. When clicked on, they will give you different default eye colors each time clicked on. Default eyes will do the same thing. This only happens with Spellcasters. I am unsure if this happens to anyone else. When I have a sim and wish to change their outfit or hair; I will go to tha closets and have them change their outfits. All goes well at first. But when you confirm your sim to get out of the CAS, the game crashes and we have to rely on the previous save before he crash.
What do you expect to see? To be able to edit my sim without crashes or any further CAS related bugs.

Sims 4 glitch.pngSims 4 glitch2.png

Message 9 of 72 (35,346 Views)

Re: Sims 4 SpellCasters CAS glitch and Crash

[ Edited ]
Hero

@AssassinPyro12 @Jijicat3  Merged your post with existing thread.

Please see this thread for the crash: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Game-crashes-while-exiting-CAS/m-p/8188317

Please see this for the spinning: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/RESHADER-RELATED-Spinning-Camera-issues-Windows-Update...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 72 (35,289 Views)