[FIXED] [ROM] Spellcaster Level Reset

by Bluebell23456

Original Post

Re: Virtuoso overranking breaks ranking

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SimInfinity Thank you for answering. I don't know how to use discord. I was just there and it was very confusing, so I'll just forget about it all and hope Maxis fixes this sooner than later.
Message 91 of 181 (1,608 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@neuroticnelly Ironically I have found that particular Discord server to be the best place to get all your Sims questions answered. Yes they have a one or two click admissions policy, but after that you are welcome to hang out at the community_chat. It's worth figuring it out. The biggest danger is you'll spend way too much time there...

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you good luck and happy gaming!
Message 92 of 181 (1,597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@SimInfinityI'm just waiting for that bar to glitch out on my main save, too. I'm keeping myself from gaining point because I think that once she gets to the point of ranking up the problem will happen there too. That's what happens in the test save all time. She has already 20 points I'll never use cause she over ranked already a few times before the patch (no bloodline trait) so no big deal if not that I can't stop it from happening.

Message 93 of 181 (1,590 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Never saw this even with a sim who has ALL magical perks and 2 points on the top of that. But after the newest patch I now have this issue. And my sim doesn't even have the bloodline trait!

Oh, but I don't have my perks reset. Just no new points gain. The bar fills, than resets (no points given) while doing something "magical". Then it won't move until all magical actions stop. Then it refills to the end and I can try once more but everything only repeats. I guess this is another bug, here it is: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-ROM-Spellcaster-Level-Reset-for-Sims-with-Bloodline...

Message 94 of 181 (1,773 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [ROM] Spellcaster Level Reset for Sims with Bloodline Trait

★★ Novice
@neuroticnelly me too i got this bug after update the game did u already know how to fix this?? please help me.. Frown
Message 95 of 181 (1,820 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@rostsit the only way to rank up now is using the cheat but you can do it only without the trait, if you have the trait then you need one of the various fixes around to prevent ranking down, mine, SimInfinity one, or any other one are the same, but they will not solve the issue with the points not being given at all anymore... they will only avoid the rank down. it's safe to play with no mods and no cheats now, as the game will never rank you down because it will never rank you up.
Message 96 of 181 (1,804 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Trykmi Yeah, my sims do not have the trait, so the cheat worked for me, thank you!!!

Message 97 of 181 (1,801 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [ROM] Spellcaster Level Reset for Sims with Bloodline Trait

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, right now I'm playing at virtuoso level without the bloodline trait. I've got all the perk points and everything seems to be okay but others are saying removing the bloodline trait doesn't work. Here's what @Trykmi wrote to workaround this problem: 

Over ranking is now broken for normal mages too... the bar fills but doesn't give the one point it's supposed to before unfilling. The only way to make things work is running the cheat:

stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_WitchOccult_WitchXP 2845

then let the bar fill and it gives the point then reset.

For the traits, the bar never fills at all, gets to less than half and glitches out. If you run the cheat, it brings you back to the master rank. Though if in the loot

0c772e27!00000015!0000000000034057.loot_WitchOccult_WitchXP_RankUp_Overmax.action.xml

you replace:

<V t="statistics">
<V n="statistics" t="statistic_change">
<U n="statistic_change">
<T n="amount">-499</T>
<T n="stat">213064<!--RankedStatistic: rankedStatistic_WitchOccult_WitchXP--></T>

with:

<V t="statistics">
<V n="statistics" t="statistic_set_rank">
<U n="statistic_set_rank">
<T n="advertise">False</T>
<T n="stat">213064<!--rankedStatistic_WitchOccult_WitchXP--></T>
<T n="value">5</T>

AND run the cheat with the bloodline traits, it gives you the points and unfills the bar without bringing you back to master rank. Without running the cheat, it doesn't work anymore with this modification, either. 

EDIT: I'm using the cauldron to fill the bar.

A couple of things more: when I stop using the cauldron, the bar goes back to the level it was before I started using it.

Hope this helps you out.

Message 98 of 181 (1,784 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@SimQARobo wrote:

Update: The team can see the issue now.  Thanks for the information everyone.

EDIT: We no longer need affected save files.

Looking forward to a fix soon.  My Sim was born in game with the weak bloodline trait. His parents became Spellcasters during game play and do not have the trait. The teen reached virtuoso before his YA birthday without cheats. All was well until today when the perks panel "broke" for all three and cannot be viewed.
Only the teen has the bloodline trait. Neither of his parents (created by me in CAS as regular Sims) has the trait but are still affected.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
Game Version 1.55.108.1020 Patch 17Sept2019
All content installed thru Realm Of Magic
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 99 of 181 (1,641 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SimQARobo I played the game for hours yesterday. I had removed the bloodline trait from my casters and nothing broke when my sims who are at virtuoso level keep refilling the bar. I find it curious, however, that when all your perks are purchased that you keep gaining talent points but can do nothing with them. What's with that?!

Also when only 1 of my casters had the trait and the others didn't it did break the spellbook perk points system. So no caster can have any of the bloodlines.

Message 100 of 181 (1,593 Views)