[FIXED] [ROM] Spellcaster Level Reset

by Bluebell23456

Original Post

my sim reached virtuoso rank and she stopped gaining skill points.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get to rank Virtuoso in ROM and try to get skill points after rank Virtuoso.
What happens when the bug occurs? The skill point bar goes back down without giving me a skill point.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see 1 skill point.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 161 of 181 (1,095 Views)

Re: my sim reached virtuoso rank and she stopped gaining skill points.

★★★ Guide
@FreckleFire Yup. MeTOOOOO!!!!

Its similar to the bloodline decendancy sims where when they reach Virtuoso the bar resets and breaks everything. Similar in the sense it screws up that sim and damages them irreparably and it just randomly triggers. I had thought it was a mod causing it but I noticed it on clean games too.
Message 162 of 181 (1,070 Views)

Hero
@FreckleFire Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 163 of 181 (1,068 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@aidans1985 Yep this even happens on consoles which don't have mods. So they cannot blame mods.
Message 164 of 181 (1,042 Views)

★★★ Guide
@JenCBL I just noticed if I am playing on ultra speed and experimenting or practicing while on ultra speed it typically causes it to break. If you travel and practice or experiment there at the other location (Magic Realm usually helps) and stay at Normal speed the sim will start gaining points again.

Not the point though. One should be able to practice and experiment....on speed mode... 😉😛😂👍
Message 165 of 181 (1,005 Views)

Re: Spellcaster Level Reset

★★★ Newbie

Do you know if they're even trying to fix the problem? It's driving me nuts

Message 166 of 181 (941 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@lachalacha It's driving me nuts too.
Message 167 of 181 (910 Views)

★ Pro

My gen 1 (no bloodline) spellcaster is currently unable to gain more than 12 talent points. While working on her magic the bar goes from completely full to empty (no points granted), getting partially filled (bar moves further if you already bought some perks) before suddenly being full again by the end

p.s. I'm on console and I don't want to use any cheats

Message 168 of 181 (871 Views)

Realm of Magic bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.19.60.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Realm of magic, restaurant, get to work, seasons, cats and dogs, spa package,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? JUst play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? My Spellcaster level is 100% maxed out. She’s a virtuoso. As I’m playing the game she slowly drops down in level as in it’s like she getting demoted????
What do you expect to see? Her level drop.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

(Removed 2 templates, to keep it clean) - Atic 

Message 169 of 181 (817 Views)

Re: Realm of Magic bug

Hero
@Mchandleredmonds Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 170 of 181 (786 Views)