Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Spellcaster Level Reset

by JenCBL

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@EsperAngel Same, I agree it's awesome to be able to recreate this issue as it might help with narrowing down the fix. At least I hope so. I have kept all my saves in case they will be helpful to the team at some point, but surely after all of this they are also able to reliably replicate the bug themselves haha Thanks for trying to help me though! <3
Message 141 of 181 (1,189 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The sad part is they already said they found the cause and even closed the original thread. If so why is there no fix yet. In the start we send them multiple save files to test so there is no more excuses. If they cannot fix it then they might aswell fire their whole programming team and get someone who is capable.

Message 142 of 181 (1,169 Views)

★ Guide
@JenCBL I hear ya but let's not go that way : they are people,not programming gaming gods,and they don't get to decide how they spend their time at work,they don't volunteer for bug fixing or designing or programming new features. We're all people trying their best.
If we want to blame this delay on someone,it's more about who decides how many people to put on an issue and how they organized their work plans,which did not include extensive beta testing.
But let's not pile on top of poorly payed professional that saw their work force decimated by budget cuts.
I've contacted recently someone on the team and they said they are working on the issue and that it's on their top priorities, so let's cheer for them.
If we want our consumer voices heard,we can simply hold on before buying next content until we know it's tested and fixed
Message 143 of 181 (1,164 Views)

★ Guide

hey people,is removing and readding the ancient bloodline trait safe to do in a game? my casters can overlevel nicely if I remove the trait,level up then re-add it,but I'm concerned about messing up my save,Can I do this safely or will there be issues?in the past adding or removing traits did not cause me any problems

Message 144 of 181 (1,146 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EsperAngel No esper you don't have to be a gaming programming god to fix a gamebreaking bug. And yes it takes priority over other minor things like counter tops they decided to fix. Really that is much more important ? No its not. We have a right to be upset Its been a month. They know what the issue is. Its gamebreaking. Its better should be on top of the priority list. If you ask me and the whole university rumors are true. Then I bet they are working on that and don't give a hoot about this bug. Be assured that will just be as buggy.
Message 145 of 181 (1,125 Views)

Re: Virtuoso overranking breaks ranking

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@SimInfinity I am a discord member and I was still unable to find your mod. I spent an hour trying. I imagine it is close to impossible for the new members. You couldn't choose a worse place for sharing your mod, really.

To find it, go to Discord, find Deaderpool, then community chat there and then scroll down carefully through the pinned messages (upper right corner)

Message 146 of 181 (1,115 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@rostsitWell, I wasn't planning on making a mod at all, but I needed to fix my game so badly I learned how to mod and created it in 10 minutes. After that I wasn't planning on making any more, but made the other two (well three, I also unlocked the Snaggle Fluster, it's way too rare). I still don't think it warrants creating a site for it, so that Discord seemed the best place. Given how active the channel is, you could have asked where the and and EG would have pointed you to the mod. Would have saved you 55 minutes. Wink

@JenCBLThey did indeed found the issue for the original issue. But then this thread became about something different altogether, rendering that obsolete and this thread re-opened.

Surprisingly, my game still works. Even more surprisingly, Maxis didn't fix any of it in the October patch?! Nuts...

Message 147 of 181 (1,054 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@SimInfinity I did. But you didn't share with us your name on Discord, so nobody there could help me without knowing the creators name. And then I found the mod myself.

Message 148 of 181 (1,049 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@rostsit Sorry 'bout that. It used to be you could just ask for the bloodline patch and they'd know. Or I would be active there and answer you myself. But I've been crazy busy, and haven't had that much time to play the game, let alone hang out on that Discord. It really hacks into one's time chatting about everything under the Sim-sun.
Message 149 of 181 (1,039 Views)

★ Guide
@SimInfinity thank you so much for the mod! it's perfect and I'm finally having a blast with the game again
Message 150 of 181 (1,029 Views)