Re: Spellcaster Level Reset

by SimInfinity

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

I ran some checks, I can't find anything that multiplies the Occult XP's, only the skill gains. So for me, leaving the multiplier in with a conditional seems to be safe. But I downloaded Sims 4 Studio only a few hours ago, so what do I know?

I noticed an identical post about the 20x multiplier on a certain Patreon page. If that's you, thank you for all the other RoM fixes, they are truly a lifesaver. The author of Deadly Siren's Call isn't very happy they didn't get a courtesy message though.

Message 51 of 181 (2,158 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SimInfinity That's me. I'm not part of the community so I didn't know. I didn't modify the same xmls he did, my mod is not even close to his... Anyway, I'm sorry to ear that. Glad to know that you didn't find other multiplier either!
Message 52 of 181 (2,125 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well, do feel free to join said Discord server. Some of the notable TS4 modders lurk there for their mod-news, and you certainly made a name for yourself with help from Maxis and RoM.

Sorry, guys, last time I go off-topic.

Message 53 of 181 (2,130 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SimInfinity yeeep.... I'm a waiter, not a coder.... I'm not really interested at becoming a famous modder, let's leave it like this, thanks anyway. End off topic for me too.
Message 54 of 181 (2,126 Views)

★ Apprentice
“When I click the Spellcaster Perk panel it's blank, after closing it I am unable to open it again“
I'm having this problem too, playing with Charm family. They have the bloodline trait.
Message 55 of 181 (2,100 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Veronica55try switching the household to unplayed and then played again, then re-enter the game... see if that solves the issue.

Message 56 of 181 (2,087 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Trykmi When I exit the game and run it again that fixes the problem temporarily, then if a virtuoso spellcaster earns a perk point, it all happens again. I don't want to remove their bloodline traits so I guess I just need to deal with it untill the next patch.
Message 57 of 181 (2,305 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Spellcaster Level Reset

★★★ Newbie

how to remove ancientbloodline trait

Message 58 of 181 (2,299 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Veronica55There's at least two mods out to prevent the bloodline glitch. Mine and Zero's. I think another Little modder is also working on it. I really wish I could link.

But if you'd rather remove the trait (with the sim in question active):
traits.remove_trait Occult_WitchOccult_BloodlineAncient
or
Occult_WitchOccult_BloodlineStrong
or
Occult_WitchOccult_BloodlineWeak

I assume that's allowed, since it's default game functionality.

Message 59 of 181 (2,237 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

That's good to know. I don't want to remove the trait I'd rather have it fixed. I will try to find those mods. Thanks!

Message 60 of 181 (2,193 Views)