Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Spellcaster Level Reset

by SimQARobo

Original Post

★ Novice

what do you mean by that? what is the old line trait?

Message 31 of 181 (2,208 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It's my understanding that 'Old Line' refers to the Bloodline trait ... 'Weak', 'Strong' & 'Ancient' ... either passed down to spellcaster children from parents or cheated in ...

@SimQARobo  "

SimQARobo

"Update: The team can see the issue now."

Does that mean a fix is incoming ... maybe this week?  :P

Message 32 of 181 (2,179 Views)
Highlighted

EA Sims Team

@kraziefox 

I don't have a time estimate to share at the moment.  The team is looking into it though.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 33 of 181 (2,379 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [ROM] Spellcaster Level Reset for Sims with Bloodline Trait

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue! I dont use mods or CC either. Hopefully it will get fixed soon!

Message 34 of 181 (2,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I didn't have any of the "Occult Blood" Traits and I have the same issue.

Looks like (given the system looks like that used for Occults) the error we saw two patches back for Elder Vampires at max level.

A branching agile development may not have caught the fix. Still Keep it up, I can't imagine how long University would have taken without it.

Public Service Message: Folks who are happy with using cheats there are ways around the issue but I am not going to post them here. It's still a bug that needs to be addressed.

Message 35 of 181 (1,968 Views)

Re: ROM - Talent points and perks book wont open

★★★★★ Apprentice

Will do, with translate that sim into a clean save (no external content at all) and re-create the fault.  

It seems easily re-producible in a vanilla environment. (It will be one before I used the workaround.  Otherwise it won't count).

Message 36 of 181 (1,953 Views)

Re: ROM - Talent points and perks book wont open

Hero
@Jaelk Ah, sorry, Was talking to your the other user.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 181 (1,852 Views)

Re: Spellcaster Level Reset

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hi Crin! There is a problem in the tuning of the ranked statics for the witchXP, basically, -499 points are removed on overmaxing. They get multiplied by the value given for increasing the XP gain for the bloodline traits in the respective buffs of the trait, causing the XP to go down and remove a rank if the sim has this trait. This is what's causing the bug people are having. Removing the multiplier from the buffs fixes the issue.
Message 38 of 181 (2,067 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [ROM] Spellcaster Level Reset for Sims with Bloodline Trait

★★★ Guide

Same problem for me too

Message 39 of 181 (2,042 Views)

Re: Spellcaster Level Reset

★★★★ Novice

bloodline trait only makes it more common. It still happens even without. The problem have to do with having your needs / magic / spell book open when you level up past viruoso. If you have that closed when you level up it works fine. Got a few characters with the ancient bloodline trait and was able to avoid the problem by just making sure I had it closed

Message 40 of 181 (2,008 Views)