by InsameINC

Original Post

Re: Virtuoso overranking breaks ranking

Hero
@MisssPancakes Try removing the trait and see if it goes back to normal

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 181 (5,258 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's not just the trait unfortunately. Done extensive testing and it happens randomly sometimes as well even without the trait. It's just 100% guaranteed if you have the trait both cheated and if you have kids getting the train at birth.

Message 22 of 181 (5,253 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yup! Its gone now. So definitly the trait is a bug. Thanks for the solution!

Message 23 of 181 (5,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Thanks for this information everyone.  We'll continue to look into it.

EDIT: Also, as mentioned on this post, we would still like to see affected save files.  If anyone is willing to share them, please send me a private message with a link to the file(s).

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 24 of 181 (5,207 Views)

Sims 4 RoM Witch Delevels in Rank!

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Lastest (Always updated)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All game packs, expansions, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Level up a witch to the highest rank level then gain more spellcasting points. This will DELEVEL the witch's rank.
What happens when the bug occurs? I started up a new save gave in order to play a witch. I hit the max ranking a spellcaster can have. I wanted more points and experience to get more perks, however EVERY-TIME I do this my witch DELEVELS in rank. You also can't complete life-time spellcaster goals because your sim is permanent DELEVED.
What do you expect to see? When this bug happens, you can kiss your spellcaster's rank goodbye permanently. Sometimes there is a looping effect with this bug. for example: rank-up, delevels, then rank-up again just to delevel again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I hope this gets fix because the pack is unplayable on my end.

Message 25 of 181 (5,188 Views)

★★★ Novice
@InsameINC Same, I have had two sims without a bloodline trait that have been affected
Message 26 of 181 (5,163 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did some more testing could be relevant or not seems to happen alot if time is sped up and your sims needs are very low. Went save for save with a sim now with the ancient bloodline trait and was able to fill up all the spells and traits without this happening instead of using the cauldron or practicing spells I used motes for the last bit each time. Also made sure the spell book is closed and that tab is never open when I level up . Each pass worked without problems.

Message 27 of 181 (5,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Update: The team can see the issue now.  Thanks for the information everyone.

EDIT: We no longer need affected save files.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 28 of 181 (5,089 Views)

Realm of magic bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
What is your current game version number? Newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vamires Season SV RoM ect
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In realm of magic at the highest rank you can be as a mage if using the "Higher spells magic tomb" to level up 2 times in a row you will stop over maxing and will no longer receive perk point
What happens when the bug occurs? Magic perk points and leveling up stop
What do you expect to see? To gain perk points points by lvling up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

1. Product: The Sims 4
    What is your current game version number? The newest version
    What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vamires Season SV RoM ec
    Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In realm of magic at the highest rank you can be as a mage if using the "Higher spells magic tomb" to level up 2 times in a row you will stop over maxing and will no longer receive perk poin
    What happens when the bug occurs? Magic perk points and leveling up stop
    What do you expect to see? To gain perk points points by lvling up
    Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
    Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 29 of 181 (4,525 Views)

Re: Realm of magic bug

Hero
@Blaze_with_Haze Not 100% sure I understand you right.

Is this your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Spellcaster-Level-Reset/m-p/8190579 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 181 (4,470 Views)