Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Spellcaster Level Reset

by SimQARobo

Original Post

Re: Virtuoso overranking breaks ranking

★★ Apprentice

I had this problem, too, and posted about it here. I saw someone mentioning the bloodline traits might be at fault. Did your sim have them? Mine had the Ancient Bloodline trait.

Message 11 of 181 (9,797 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yup, My sim had the strong bloodline trait. It seems to be all the bloodline traits breaking the levelling once you overmax.

Message 12 of 181 (9,784 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello @Bluebell23456 @abinja @kraziefox @alainclement @marinebigandder 

Do you have affected save file(s) that you'd be willing to share?  If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file(s).

Instructions here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 13 of 181 (9,819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Figured this one out.  The buffs for the 3 bloodline traits all use a stat_use_multiplier and the Overmax loot subtracts WitchXP.  The -499 WitchXP gets multiplied, and you end up with less WitchXP than is necessary to be a Virtuoso.  I've thrown together a quickly little mod and added a qualifier so that the multiplier only affects positive changes to WitchXP, which should prevent the error from occurring.  I've made it available here: [removed link to the mod]

If it's already happened and you've saved your game, I'm not sure how amenable the game is to going back for those levels or what else gets jumbled up.  Sorry I can't be of more help there.

Please do not share direct links to mods on AHQ in the future - Ataashi

Message 14 of 181 (9,752 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I ended up with this issue too, it was playing a sim with the Ancient Bloodline, as once I cheated it to remove it (traits.remove_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult_BloodlineAncient) the same sim's levels were stable again. However, if you entered a levelled up Spellcaster stats (I think that's what it's called, the magic reward panel where you spend your points) with your sim at a lower level than some of their rewards allow, you will find even once the sim's a virtuoso again no Spellcaster can access their stats/magic reward panel, this occurred for me across all saves. This can be fixed (or it was for me) by exiting the game (probably best not save), removing the localthumbcache file, then re-entering. For the time being everything should be OK then.

Basically something's wrong with the Ancient Bloodline reward trait.

Message 15 of 181 (9,714 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Heliotroopic I'll test that mod out when I'm playing next, that makes a lot of sense though. Hopefully it'll get patched. As far as I can tell, once levelling is stable you can get your sim back to Virtuoso.
Message 16 of 181 (9,690 Views)

Cant open wizard trait page

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: in nature, my first pet, bowling, kidsroom, romantic garden, freaky evening, kitchen stuff, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I think after having a weak bloodline wizard and playing through the first bug where it resets the entire time and random fills or drops all of the sudden i couldnt click my book anymore.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have points available. You click on the trait to put in points but the screen wont pop. I have to shut doqn the entire game and after that i can open my game again and open the trait page.
What do you expect to see? That i can have bloodline wizards without the bugs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the new expansion realm of magic.

I have a bugg that apears after the already noticed bug with the blood lines. After playing a long while with the bug i noticed i couldnt open my trait page anymore. I have to shut down the game and re open to be able to put points in my wizard again. 

Message 17 of 181 (9,595 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [ROM] Spellcaster Level Reset for Sims with Ancient Bloodline

★★★ Novice

I’m experiencing the same issue, with three things to note:

I cheated in the ancient bloodline when the sim was a toddler, using “traits.equip_trait Occult_WitchOccult_BloodlineAncient” 

The bug behaved 100% consistently for me, though from the same save file / save state. 

The reset would show in the need panel summary that I was an Adept, with the next state Master, and 8 points to spend (2 new, 6 refunded from the master and virtuoso tiers). But when I clicked through to the Spellcaster Perks window, only the perks for the Virtuoso tier are locked. 

I removed ancient bloodline, and things worked as expected. I saved the save file from just before leveling, if y’all want to look at it.

Message 18 of 181 (9,582 Views)

Re: Cant open wizard trait page

Hero
@MisssPancakes as I think they are connected, I'm merging your post. Should one get fixed and not the other, I will split again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 181 (9,584 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes! I had the weak bloodline. It broke when my sims got the highest lvl in wizard tho at 8 points. I dont know if this has anything to do with it

Message 20 of 181 (9,580 Views)