Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Spellcaster Level Reset

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Reach Virtuoso rank and keep gaining experience until it fills the bar. It will reset your level/rank and perks, as well as award some points. It seems to go down a level lower each time it happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim caster level/rank resets. It seems to go down a level lower each time it happens, resetting more perks in the process. More experience is required each time as well, though this is a little glitchy, too. The interface flops between ranks and amounts of experience.
What do you expect to see? The experience bar to fill and reset, award me the earned points, but leave my rank and current perks intact. Also, the interface showing max rank at all times.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Is anyone else having a problem with Spellcaster progression? I want to max out my caster, but after reaching Virtuoso every new level resets my perks and levels. It has even busted me down to Adept once. The points are not lost, but still it is a pain and it is clear the interface is glitching out. I don't use mods, ever, and have all the packs. I do use testing cheats, but I had read that the caster XP cheat was unstable so I did not use it to level my caster. Later I tried it to compare and it is the same problem. I have experimented around with four different casters, the problem occurring every time. It appears to have nothing to do with the cheats but the caster interface itself, sadly enough.

Message 1 of 181 (22,972 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Spellcaster Level Reset

Hero

Spellcasters with the Bloodline trait will no longer have their rank reset if they reach the Virtuoso rank.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Thank you for your feedback @MercAB3 

I'm going to mark this as fixed although the patch notes only mention the bloodline trait.

Please create a new thread if you still have this issue without it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 179 of 181 (16,898 Views)

All Replies

Re: Spellcaster Level Reset

★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.55
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Reach Virtuoso rank and keep gaining experience until it fills the bar. It will reset your level and perks, as well as award some points.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim caser level resets.
What do you expect to see? The bar to fill and reset, award me points, but leave my rank and current perks intact.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Just installing the Realm of Magic pack.
Message 2 of 181 (22,851 Views)

Hero
@Bluebell23456 It seems you weren't prompted for the template

Please edit your first post and fill in all the info on the first post.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 181 (22,791 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes!  Finally!  I have the exact same issue - I've been googling for hours searching to see if I am the only one.

I do not, and have never, used mods or custom content - vanilla all the way.  I have every expansion, game pack, stuff pack installed.

When I click the Spellcaster Perk panel it's blank, after closing it I am unable to open it again ... as we go down in rank I am being refunded my Spellcaster Perk Points.

I have to ask, was this pack even tested?

Exiting to main menu and coming back in does NOT fix it.  Exiting The Sims 4 to desktop and restarting the game does fix it - until I gain enough Spellcaster XP to level up again - then it happens again - consistently 100%

It only started happening once I achieved Virtuoso ...

I'm on PC, Windows 10

Message 4 of 181 (22,742 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Spellcaster Level Reset

Hero
@Bluebell23456 Worked fine for me so a few questions

1. Is this a new game you started or an existing one ?
2. Was your Sim a different occult at one time ?
3. Can you duplicate it on a second Sim as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 181 (22,713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same issue.  I have all but one stuff pack, i maxed the rank and i literally just keep being reset, then then im reset i cant open my perks panel anymore. it also refunds my points. Honestly disappointing considering i literally can't even do the most basic of things in this new pack. I have maxed it about 5 times now and its just getting infuriating of not even being able to use spells i've already learned. The bar which shows the progression also keeps going black 

Message 6 of 181 (22,625 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

@crinrict Hello
I think I have found where the problem comes from. When I created my new wizard's sims, I added the "old line" trait, I just deleted this trait and the problem disappeared. I think the problem comes from these Character Traits.
Bye

Message 7 of 181 (22,611 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue it's driving me crazy, I tried restarting the game, it help but only for a time.

All extensions installed but no custom content

Message 8 of 181 (22,585 Views)
Highlighted

Virtuoso overranking breaks ranking

★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current DLC's Get to Work, Get together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm of Magic Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Moschino Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Overranking on Virtuoso with Spellcaster sims
What happens when the bug occurs? When you overrank, you're suppose to gain perk points and reset the experience to beginning of the rank just like vampires. But when you do it, you're demoted the rank, you lose the top layer of perks, and you cannot gain anymore experience.
What do you expect to see? To keep my rank when i overrank and only get talent points
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As you can see in the picture i've provided. the rank has demoted, but also is showing two different ranks on each icon. The needs panel says i'm Rank Adept heading towards master, but the Perk system shows i'm past master rank, when infact i was just virtuoso rank (Top rank) moments before

Message 9 of 181 (22,442 Views)

★★ Apprentice

1. An existing file. When I first tried to play with it I was using an existing family in an existing file. I tried both the normal grinding way and the testing cheats way and the problem occurred both times. I later used a form of the same sim from the gallery in the same file and the problem occurred again.

2. No. I keep various forms of the same sim in the gallery, be it young adult, child, vampire, etc. I change them from the human form, save them, and then use them so I do not have to deal with any complications that comes from long term play from one game to the next.

3. I have used the same type of sim from the gallery, mostly; I am not sure if you would count them as different sims even if they were fresh without any real gameplay. I did not push the others that far, but I saw someone mentioning the bloodline traits. I did add the ancient bloodline trait to these sims. I can test without it.

Message 10 of 181 (22,522 Views)