[FIXED] [ROM] Sims dying of old age despite immortality potion

by 3989

Original Post

Re: Sims dying of old age despite having drank the immortality potion

★★★ Novice

I tried this because I panicked but I can confirm this worked for me as well. The only other thing I found was that the Sim who died was removed from their original household, so I just had another Sim ask her to join the household to add her back. But she is no longer aging, whew Standard smile

Message 71 of 86 (989 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Sims dying of old age despite immortality potion

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone is still encountering this issue on the latest version of the game, could you possibly share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your saves: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 72 of 86 (853 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I had been hoping that the Potion of Immortality would prevent aging and was very sad that this wasn't the case.  Here's what I did:

1. Had them all guzzle Potion of Rejuvenation a lot.

2. Used MCCC to set them all to no age after they took the Immortality potion.  This would be "unset" whenever I had to take MCCC out for new patches that broke it, and I'd have to race around to all my households (I play their kids and grandkids, too) to re-set it. 

3. Finally just turned aging off completely in that save. 

This is my save with the large dynasty of Immortal spellcasters who are taking over the world.  (Nick already has this save for the cauldron issue, and also I refuse to let any of them die!)

Message 73 of 86 (823 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ROM] Sims dying of old age despite immortality potion

★★★ Apprentice
@3989 My best witch, who has over 100 points and she trains all the young witches drank it. She is also my favorite sim & has 3 kids & husband. She is named Dianna after the Discovery Of Witches. 😘 I am not letting her go. Is there a cheat? I can re download her again from my saves. This really pisses me off. My sims drink a few of the potions & have never had this problem. PLEASE RECALL the IMMORTALITY POTION. Thanks!
Message 74 of 86 (765 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I saw that on MCC and set it to not age and not die. So during patches her blue time thing will come back. I also have about 30 death flowers lying around her bed, thanks to copypasto. 

Message 75 of 86 (764 Views)

★★★ Guide

Look Up Zero (the modder). He fixed the problem and even gives you the option for which flavor you want to play with be it age until elderly and live forever from there (how the potion is SUPPOSED to work vanilla), or you can choose for to stop aging entirely like how it is for vampires and life forever from there.

BTW YES team its still a problem. Just tested it again on a clean save im doing for something else and it still happens. It sort of works as long as you stay in the same household but as soon as you leave the household they drop dead. If you give the potion to someone outside the household (like the Sages for example) they still drop dead. Confused

Message 76 of 86 (749 Views)

★★★★ Expert

LittleMsSam also has taken over Scarlet's mods and one of those causes the Potion of Immortality to stop aging.

Message 77 of 86 (718 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this Issue, but immortal sims will only die of old age if they are currently outside of my active household. 

Message 78 of 86 (681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@ZzchngaExactly. Once you leave they seem to go back to the usual death / culling system. I know the game is one household play based, but lots of people play with multiple households. Especially once you start having children and they grow up and move out, have their own children, and so on. Can't keep the family all in the same house forever. Why doesn't it hold outside household Sims? In my case I like keeping Simeon, L, and Morgyn as the Sages. Period. Can only do that if they drink the Immortality potions to keep them from dying off and bring replaced. And (by default in a clean game) they only stay Sages as long as you don't move them into a household / keep them NPC. That is, IDEALLY, if the potion worked correctly. 👻😵🤦

Message 79 of 86 (674 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Sims dying of old age despite immortality potion

Just happened to me. My played spellcaster gave potions of immortality to her 3 friends, who are all unplayed sims. 2 appeared successful; they went through the animation and had the infinity symbol by their necks. Two sim days later, I got a notification that the older of those two (who was an elder) had just died. I play with standard aging on.

Do you still need saves? If so, would a save where one immortal unplayed sim has just died, and a second immortal unplayed sim is still alive, be helpful?

Message 80 of 86 (643 Views)