Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Sim flew broom to unroutable area

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Stranger Ville, Vampires, Bowling Night Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While in magical realm I tried to use the burgliate spell on the coffee table in the second basement level while I have the always use brooms option.
What happens when the bug occurs? The broom dropped me off outside of the basement walls.
What do you expect to see? To get off my broom inside the basement walls.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can luckily get out because I have the teleporting spell learned.

Message 1 of 10 (1,944 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [ROM] Sim flew broom to unroutable area

Hero

Spellcasters should no longer land in unroutable locations when using the “Always Use Brooms” spell.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (1,467 Views)

All Replies

Sim walks in mid air - realm of magic

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Glimmerbrook - have a Spellcaster own a house and then walk around the neighbourhood. Tell your sim to go to the cauldron to make a potion (I have mine on the 3rd floor) - from a location in the neighbourhood .
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim flies on broomstick to house. Stops outside the house on the 3rd floor, gets off broom and walks to the back of hte house...3 floors up...so basically walking on air.
What do you expect to see? Landing on the ground and walking into the house and up the stairs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed realm of magic

09-12-19_10-10-22 PM (3).png

09-12-19_10-10-22 PM (3).png

Message 2 of 10 (1,852 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sim walks in mid air - realm of magic

Hero
@jacallon I merged your post with a similar issue. Guess the routing with brooms is just off a bit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (1,838 Views)

Re: Sim walks in mid air - realm of magic

★★★ Novice

Same. I’ve ended up in the black area of the basement and in between floors at apartment buildings and the only way to get out is by using the teleport cheat.

Message 4 of 10 (1,720 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Sim flew broom to unroutable area

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

When I invite several spellcasters at once, to the house with Grace Anansi and Tomax Collette, the invited spellcasters always land their broom on top of the entrance roof. It doesn’t happen if I only invite one spellcaster, it happens when I invite several spellcasters who arrive at the same time. Then they’re stuck there and I have to use resetsim on all of them.

Message 5 of 10 (1,665 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This once happened to me in Magic HQ, my sim ended up in the basement outside the walls.

Message 6 of 10 (1,635 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Wintermist That has happened for me to.
Message 7 of 10 (1,588 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This happened to me in the magic realm- I tried to talk to the sage of mischief and my sim flew her broom across the river and into the underground area outside the basement where the sage was. I had no expansions besides realm of magic, no mods, and I didn't use cheat mode. The only option this left me was to close the game without saving, loosing hours of gameplay in the process.

Message 8 of 10 (1,526 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@agoak This is OT, but I thought you might want to know it.

The Sims 4 has autosave. If you go out of the game without saving and then enter the game again via the load button (not the play button) on the main menu it will go to the latest autosave. If the latest autosave is the same as when you exited the game you can take an earlier autosave by closing the game and go into the saves folders to fix it, more info about that here: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/

When it comes to cheats you can turn them on and off whenever you want to. If a sim gets stuck in an unroutable area, such as outside the basement walls, just press Ctrl c and write “testingcheats on” (without quotation marks) and press enter. Then hold shift and click on any routable place and choose “teleport here”, then you can turn off cheats again by writing “testingcheats off” in the cheat bar, then you press exit to close the cheat bar.
Message 9 of 10 (1,509 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [ROM] Sim flew broom to unroutable area

Hero

Spellcasters should no longer land in unroutable locations when using the “Always Use Brooms” spell.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,468 Views)