Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Sim can't resume writing books with a orb familiar summoned

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions; All Game packs; Laundry Day Stuff; Bowling Night Stuff; Vintage Glamour Stuff; Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a spellcaster sim start writing a book, stop before finishing the book. Then summon a familiar from an orb. Try to resume writing the book.
What happens when the bug occurs? My spellcaster sim can't resume writing a book when she has a familiar summoned from an orb.
What do you expect to see? The sim should be able to continue writing books with her familiar present.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The action appears at the top of the queue after the book to continue writing has been selected, but it doesn't move down the queue and the sim never acts on it. Any actions queued behind it aren't done by the sim until the "resume writing" action is deleted from the queue.

My sim is a university student - I have tested this in her dorm, the library in Britechester and the library in Willow Creek. I have tested it with the dragon familiar, the sixam owl familiar and the snub-nosed leaf bat familiar. I have not tested this for pet familiars. When the familiar is dismissed, my sim can resume writing books again.

Message 1 of 12 (4,900 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Major bug after recent update.

Hero

Sims can once again resume writing books when their familiars are active.

Fixed in Patch 1.62.67

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (4,601 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Sim can't resume writing books with a orb familiar summo

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Bethiusy There is a work around.

If you have seasons installed; Make the problematic Sim give a gift to another Sim. On the list of posible gift from the inventory, give away the pendrive that has the defective book.

Everything will be back to normal
Message 2 of 12 (4,798 Views)

Sim can't resume writing books

★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Get to work, cats & dogs, seasons, get famous, island living, discover university Game packs: vampires, parenthood, realm of magic Stuff packs: vintage glamour stuff, laundry day stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Begin to write a book, then cancel the action before the book is finished. Try to resume writing the book.
What happens when the bug occurs? Action shows up in the queue but stays at the top, even when it is the only action in line. Sim acts like they have no actions to perform and idle.
What do you expect to see? Action gets registered as the current action to perform, and sim goes to the computer to resume writing the book. The writing progresses until the book is finished.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought Discovering University, as well as made my sim a spellcaster for the first time.

Book writing worked normally until my sim graduated from university (language degree) and moved to their own lot from the campus. Writing still worked on campus (while my sim was a spellcaster already) I have removed mods, re-bought the computer, tried a more expensive computer, as well as tried another lot. So far nothing. I have no backup save from before the bug.

The sims is able to start writing new books, but cannot resume writing those either.

Message 3 of 12 (4,845 Views)

Re: Sim can't resume writing books

Hero
@iidajenni Is your Sim a spellcaster with a familiar present ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (4,805 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict Yes! I set the familiar free, and now I'm able to resume writing. However, now my sim's legs are glitching and the familiar got stuck to the place where I released it. It keeps flying in the same spot and I'm not able to interact with it (besides resetting with cheats, which does nothing).
Message 5 of 12 (4,783 Views)

Hero
@iidajenni Merged this with existing thread then

Did you try travelling somewhere ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (4,766 Views)

Hero

I've had something similar happen and it started with DU or the prepatch.  I had a university student spellcaster in the freelance writer career with familiars.  The familiars kept disappearing when she starting writing a book in a small room to complete the work task.  When I moused over the option to recall the familiar there was a statement that said there wasn't enough room for the familiar and he put himself away or some such.   So I sent the sim to another larger room and called him again, he came back.  But when I went to write again, he did it again so just assumed it was the size of the room causing the problem and  I just went back to writing but couldn't resume the original book.  The action would not drop down into the bottom of the queue like it should have.  So I started another book and completed it in one go.  But I was also working on leveling up writing and completing the writing aspiration and when I went to the regular computer writing option, the resume book option from the original book started in the career was still there but wouldn't drop down.  The action just sat there when I tried.  On restarting the game, I tried again and was able to complete the book.  I'm not sure the issue is caused by the familiars though since I had the same thing happen later with another sim who wasn't a spellcaster.  I could start a book but not be able to complete it if I quit writing for some reason and came back to it.  It took restarting the game to get it to work properly then too.  But it wasn't consistent.  Some books I could restart while for others I couldn't  I'm more inclined to believe that it's something in DU causing the problem rather than the familiars.  

Message 7 of 12 (4,728 Views)

Major bug after recent update.

★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? Most recent as of 12-02-2020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions but Romantic Garden, Tiny Living, Moschino Stuff and Spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try writing a book with a spell caster sim Prepare a meal Putting lots from the gallery into my game through ‘manage worlds’
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to write a book, my sim will stop after 3 seconds our time and won’t resume it. When I try to make a meal, my sim will stop half way through, Watch TV then resume the meal. When I go into manage worlds and try to place a lot, my game freezes out not displaying any HUD’s. The only way to resolve it is to completely exit the game.
What do you expect to see? My sim being able to both make meals and write books without any interruptions/ glitches. To place lots from the gallery without my game completely glitching out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The newest patch out.

No images from game. 

Message 8 of 12 (4,505 Views)

Re: Major bug after recent update.

Hero
@Benjamin_5925 Do you have a familiar present ? The writing issue is a known issue if you do. It should work if you remove the familiar.

The TV has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sim-goes-to-watch-tv-while-cooking-even-when-hungr.... Please post there and click me too

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (4,495 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Sim can't resume writing books with a orb familiar summo

★★★ Novice
I didn't realize the familiar was the problem, but my sim was unable to resume writing until it was dismissed.
Message 10 of 12 (4,455 Views)