Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Outfit Texture Overlapping Boots

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs (All Expansions, All Game Packs, All Stuff Packs) Including Realm of Magic as of today.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS trying boots over the new feminine Spellcaster outfit with coat that has moon clasps in front an leggings.
What happens when the bug occurs? The legging texture of the outfit goes on top of certain boots, including the base game "Ugg" style boots and Seasons mid-calf high heeled boots with buckles on the sides and many others. Some boots, such as the pairs that come with Realm of Magic, work perfectly with the outfit.
What do you expect to see? The texture of the leggings NOT overlapping the top section of the boots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

WitchyBootsNotWorking.JPGWitchyBootsNotWorking2.JPG.WitchyBootsNotWorking3.JPG

The texture of the leggings which are a part of the new outfit set from Realm of Magic do not go "under" some of the boots in CAS while some boots work (including Realm of Magic boots).

Message 1 of 8 (1,586 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ROM Robe Conflicts With Some Boots

Hero

Trouser texture will no longer appear on the top of a pair of boots.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,234 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Outfit Texture Overlapping Boots

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I've encountered the same issue. There are a total of nine boots that don't work with the new outfit set from Realm of Magic. I'm attaching an image of all the boots affected.

9 boots.png

I've also checked if the boots have the same issue with other outfits as well as pants, and I have found that they work as intended for all other clothing.  At least from what I could see.

Message 2 of 8 (1,478 Views)

ROM Robe Conflicts With Some Boots

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Moschino Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS, and have a sim wear the full body spellcaster robe from ROM. Put on a pair of boots from one the following: City Living, Vampires (ones with the chunkier heel), Seasons (either of the medium height), Strangerville (shorter ones), BG (the pink ones that look like UGGs), Outdoor Retreat (either of the taller ones).
What happens when the bug occurs? The mesh of the very bottom of the robe overlaps the top of these boots.
What do you expect to see? No meshes conflicting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Release of ROM.

Sim wearing ROM robe and a pair of boots from Seasons.

Message 3 of 8 (1,476 Views)

Hero
@evzahh Merged your post with existing bug report on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,444 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Outfit Texture Overlapping Boots

★★★★ Guide

I too found this annoying; a shame I can't use most of the boots outside the pack the robe came from... Frown

Message 5 of 8 (1,367 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is also happening to me, and it's also effecting the masculine tight leather pants from GF, as shown in the screenshot. I first noticed this in the last patch (1.55), but I don't know when it first occurred or if it's been there since GF launched. It is still present as of the current patch (1.56), however.

Message 6 of 8 (1,328 Views)

Hero
@cooldood555 The thread for the GF pants is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-Leather-Pants-Overlapping-Texture/td-p/7444277

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (1,325 Views)

Hero

Trouser texture will no longer appear on the top of a pair of boots.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,235 Views)