[FIXED] [ROM] Game crashes while exiting CAS

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Game crashes while exiting CAS

★★★ Newbie

I have no idea if this is the same problem I'm having game but yes, three times since I've been playing my game  (each time since downloading realm of magic) my game freezes after I leave CAS. It won't save or even let me force stop the game because I can't even leave the screen to get to task manager. I don't know what is going on but this only happened AFTER i downloaded this and I know its not my custom content because it was working JUST fine right before I got this. PLEASE tell me if this is the same thing other people are experiencing too in terms of crashes... and then none of your cute sims being saved after having to force shut down the whole computer.

Message 11 of 34 (1,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This bug seems to be finicky as if you wait for the animation to finish, it wont crash the game, but if you try to save or exit it at the beginning, it with definitely crash it with no warning, never the less, this bug is annoying. 

Message 12 of 34 (1,305 Views)

★ Novice

This NEEDS to be solved. CAS is a huge thing in the sims, so it destroys the entire game, in my opinion. I don't want to play the game until this is fixed.

Message 13 of 34 (1,295 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict im having the same issue. if i have a witch sim in the background in cas while im browsing the gallery it freezes up the gallery too
Message 14 of 34 (1,237 Views)

★ Apprentice

^^I just had this happen as well. I've been playing clean since its inception and hadn't had the crashing or sheer amount of bugs that I do with this game. Mine also crashed exiting CAS with my spellcaster.

Message 15 of 34 (1,213 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Roxanne0531  Delete your localthumbcache.package file, it "might" help with the lag.  I never let mine get over 60MB because of game lag issues.  I also play in offline mode in Origin and The Sims 4.  And simply because it was working before, doesn't mean it won't break when downloading new content.  Conflicts can and do happen.  Hope this helps with the lag issue you're having Standard smile

Message 16 of 34 (1,185 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

happens to me when trying to exit CAS while spellcaster's animation is still playing

Message 17 of 34 (1,176 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Game crashes while exiting CAS

Hero (Retired)

I was saving default households to My Gallery. Was able to save the spellcaster sim to My Gallery, but hit the "Cancel" button to exit out of CAS at the time the spellcaster started doing the magic animation. Game crashed to desktop; Origin remained running. Successfully saved over 10 different households, including 2 other spellcasters, prior to the crash to Origin. 

Game generated a lastCrash.txt file, which I can link to if needed

Message 18 of 34 (1,141 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Game crashes while exiting CAS

★★★ Apprentice

i just tried it,yeah it crashed,no mods or cc

Message 19 of 34 (1,114 Views)

Shuts down after editing in cas.fulleditmode

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the packs except for two stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It’s after finishing in cas.fulleditmode
What happens when the bug occurs? It shuts down my game completely whenever I click the check mark after editing a sim that’s not apart of my household in cas.fulleditmode
What do you expect to see? It should just go back to the game with the changes made.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I loaded realm of magic

Every time I go to edit this one sim that’s not part of my household in cas the game shuts down after I try to exit it. Every time. I tried repairing the game twice and it made no difference

Message 20 of 34 (1,114 Views)