Re: Shuts down after editing in cas.fulleditmode

by alanmichael1

Original Post

★★★★ Pro

There is a known bug that the game crashes if you quit CAS during a spellcaster's "magic animation".

Message 21 of 34 (871 Views)

Hero
@Paigesrad Merged your post with CAS crash post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 34 (849 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem i go to edit my sims and  when i try to save it crashes on exiting CAS.

Message 23 of 34 (833 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Game crashes while exiting CAS

★★★ Guide

I've seen this and it actually kinda startled me because I haven't seen my game crash in ages, lol. 

As a workaround until it gets fixed I just make sure every sorcerer household I make has either a pet or a non-sorcerer Sim and make sure they're the Sim that's selected before attempting to exit CAS. And also just to be extra safe, save the Sim to your library first before exiting CAS, just in case, so you won't have to remake the Sim if a crash does occur. 

Message 24 of 34 (814 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just had this same issue trying to make a magic sim in CAS. Crashed my game and I lost the sim.

Message 25 of 34 (805 Views)

Crashes if exit CAS during witch animation

★ Novice

I know I'm not alone with this problem because I've seen people talking about it on tumblr and facebook but I didn't see a thread about it here. Exactly like the title says.

If you exit CAS in between animations, it saves and everything is fine. If you exit CAS during a witch animation, the game crashes. Just now I tried to exit before the animation started, but as soon as the plumbbob appeared, I heard her start making witch noises and the whole thing crashed, so you also have to be sure you're not *close* to a witch animation. I try to remember to exit cas on a sim that isn't a witch but it's a pain to remember. 

Message 26 of 34 (780 Views)

@Oryxofelia  I've merged your post into the master bug thread on this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 27 of 34 (765 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this problem too, except it is not just when closing CAS. For instance, this evening I opened CAS to edit a spellcastor and as soon as I went in my game crashed. I have a completely vanilla game save that I tested it on and had the same results. It happens 100% of the time for me. This is terrible. This makes RoM unusable for me!

Message 28 of 34 (740 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just had this happen when creating a spellcaster family of 3 sims. I was very distraught to have the game crash before I could even move them into a house, since I didn't save, but the game at least happened to save them to my library for me. I am glad that I did not have to start over with them, but I would have also preferred to not have my game crash at all! I have never once had my game crash before this.

Message 29 of 34 (687 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happens to me as well. I first noticed the game crashing when I edit the pre-made sims "Amicable Roomates'. I have no mods and the game crashes everytime I exit. So far it only happens with them. I haven't encountered that with other pre-made sims. 

Message 30 of 34 (642 Views)