Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Game crashes while exiting CAS

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go to CAS and create a spellcaster 2. Wait for the magic idle animation 3. Hit the check mark or exit the game otherwise 4. Game will crash
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes
What do you expect to see? No crashes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

See above

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 34 (7,117 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Game crashes while exiting CAS

[ Edited ]
Hero

There also happened to be a crash that was occurring when exiting CAS in the middle of a spellcaster idle animation. It was an issue that required unlucky timing to trigger and we missed it during testing. T’was Dark Magic I say! The darkest of magics. Worry not, brave

Fixed in Patch 1.55.108

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 32 of 34 (5,245 Views)

All Replies

Game Crashing On Exiting CAS with Spellcaster

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS to edit a spellcaster sim. Try to exit CAS without saving while the spellcaster is in the middle of doing their special spellcaster animation with the glowing orb (I.e. the equivalent of vampires hissing in CAS). The game will crash..
What happens when the bug occurs? if you try to exit CAS without saving while a spellcaster sim is doing their special spellcaster animation with the glowing orb (I.e. the equivalent of vampires hissing in CAS), the game crashes.
What do you expect to see? To exit CAS without the game crashing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Realm of Magic

Nothing to add

Message 2 of 34 (6,933 Views)

Re: Game Crashing On Exiting CAS with Spellcaster

Hero
@thisisarealpainx Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 34 (6,921 Views)

Re: Game Crashing On Exiting CAS with Spellcaster

★★★★ Guide

I have it to

Message 4 of 34 (6,600 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Game crashes while exiting CAS

★ Apprentice

This happened to me too.  I created a new family for my witch line.  Then went to the magic realm and edited Morgyn..  for ... uh... reasons.  Tried to exit CAS.  Game crashed.  I hadn't saved my new household.  I had a sad.  Frown

Work around, zoom in on the spellcaster's face right before exiting CAS.  This stops all idle animations.

Message 5 of 34 (6,487 Views)

★ Apprentice

Not 100 % of the time for me but if I make a spell caster every now and then the game will crash lost a cool one I made yesterday tried my best to get her back

Message 6 of 34 (6,401 Views)

★ Novice

My original text from my original post:

"I'm having this really annoying problem with my game. I want to add a sim to my already existing household (via "manage world") but whenever I'm done creating it in CAS and press "Add to household" the game instantly crashes and the new sim I created is gone. How can I fix this issue? This wasn't a problem before the Realm of Magic DLC was released and I purchased it. It might be worth noting that both the sim that is already in my household and the new one that I'm trying to create are both occult sims (wizards). None of them were doing the spellcast animation when I pressed the "done-button". "

Message 7 of 34 (6,243 Views)

Re: Sims 4 SpellCasters CAS glitch and Crash

★★★ Apprentice

I had a similar problem, when I went into cas with my magician, it started lagging really bad when the spell casting animation played, then when I wanted to confirm my changes in cas the game crashed...

Message 8 of 34 (5,984 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I haven't created a spellcaster in CAS. But I did try editing the existing spellcasters/Sage sims. And even though crinrit put on their website to wait for the animation to finish (as I did), the game still crashed on exiting CAS. So there is no workaround currently.

Message 9 of 34 (6,111 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just had my game crash also from this. No mods or CC, and my game never crashes.

Message 10 of 34 (5,990 Views)