Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Emotional Stability potion removing Pregnancy

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have pregnant sim drink potion of emotional stability
What happens when the bug occurs? All moodlets are removed including pregnancy which ends the pregnancy
What do you expect to see? All moodlets removed but pregnancy remains
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had my pregnant spellcaster take an emotional stability potion to attempt to remove a moodlet she had from a bladder failure, it removed every moodlet giving me only the potions moodlet saying she had a clear and happy mind. Unfortunately this also removed the pregnancy itself as the third trimester moodlet was also removed Frown

Message 1 of 11 (3,977 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Emotional Stability potion removing Pregnancy

Hero

Fixed an issue which allowed the Emotional Stability Potion to remove certain buffs from Sims unintentionally.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 11 (2,907 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Emotional Stability potion removing Pregnancy

★★ Novice

I also had this issue, but the sim is now glitched. The sim no longer appears pregnant, I can do the "try for baby" woohoo interaction but no matter how many times I have the sim try for baby (and the fertility perk is on both sims), the sim will not get pregnant again. Also, going into CAS the option to change the sim's gender is grayed, so somewhere in the game code the sim is still pregnant, but it doesn't show up at all during gameplay, only in CAS. This has happened twice in a row now (didn't realize it was the emotional stability potion that did it the first time around and accidentally did it again). 

Message 2 of 11 (3,860 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Emotional Stability potion removing Pregnancy

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I also have this with mods, however. I think it just resets the pregnancy, which is hard to see without certain mods. Example being my attached collage of pictures. Babies shouldn't be unnecessary baggage. 

Message 3 of 11 (3,830 Views)

Pregnant Sim cannot go into Labor after taking Emotion Stability Potion

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pregnant sim takes Potion of Emotional Stability.
What happens when the bug occurs? Pregnancy moodlet disappears. Sim never goes into labor.
What do you expect to see? Pregnancy moodlet to remain and sim will be in labor when timer runs out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Download of Magic realm

Pregnancy moodlet disappears. Sim never goes into labor.

Message 4 of 11 (3,762 Views)

Re: Pregnant Sim cannot go into Labor after taking Emotion Stability Potion

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This has happened to me as well.

I did a save as, did a repair game and when I logged back in, the emotional stability potion buff was still active and she was no longer pregnant.

For the record, I've had the same problem in the past with the moodlet solver reward potion. Maybe the potions operate in the same way as the old "remove all buffs" cheat?

Message 5 of 11 (3,502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

My friend had similar experience, he successfully stopped vampire transformation by using this potion.

But he did it on purpose.

Message 6 of 11 (3,425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This also happend in my game. I thought the Sim lost the baby.

However, because I play rotationally, I continued playing with another household and was surprised to see that the Sim gave birth to her daughter, while I was not playing her (the household was also marked as not played at this time point).

I think the potion removed the pregnancy moodlet, but somehow the game made her pregnant again while I was playing a different household? I have no idea how this happend.

Message 7 of 11 (3,369 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Freechheit When I went back to the world management screen and then back in, all without saving. She lost her baby bump and he was no longer panicking about his girlfriend's impending pregnancy labor. I thought this might happen but at the same time I'm surprised it did! I just wanted to remove her uncomfortable moodlet and figured she would still be pregnant. Oops. Frown
Message 8 of 11 (3,128 Views)

Hero

Fixed an issue which allowed the Emotional Stability Potion to remove certain buffs from Sims unintentionally.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (2,908 Views)

★★★ Newbie

see this is incorrect as i just gave my sim an abortion by acident so can you like fix this?

Message 10 of 11 (1,701 Views)