Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Cauldron potions all cost zero simoleons

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a spellcaster craft a potion using the cauldron from ROM and then have them bottle up the potion
What happens when the bug occurs? After bottling up, the crafted potions in the inventory show a value of 0 simoleons
What do you expect to see? I expect the potion bottles to have values (simoleon price ) so that they can be sold to make money
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?  I've removed them for testing.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Realm of Magic

When a spellcaster crafts a potion and bottles up the contents, the potion bottle in the inventory shows a price of 0 simoleons. As a result, the potions cannot be sold to make money, neither can they be sold in retail shops to make a profit. I had to make  a mod to give them some price points by adding retail price code to the potion recipe tunings.

Message 1 of 14 (6,933 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Realm of magic-potions dont have value

Hero

Potions can now be sold for Simoleons.
○ Profit!

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 14 (6,247 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Cauldron potions all cost zero simoleons

★★★★★ Guide

SimGuruNick has already acknowledged that this is unintentional on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/1171508036097040384

Message 2 of 14 (6,874 Views)

Realm of magic-potions dont have value

★ Novice

We were told that we would be able to sell potions in the game. For some reason they come up as 0 simoleons, it's the same if you try to sell them through your inventory, selling table, or retail shop.

Message 3 of 14 (6,787 Views)

Hero
@RubyPinn Merged your post with current bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (6,761 Views)

ROM + GTW = Cant Sell Created Potions. 2 Versions Listed In Game

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion and Game Packs. Laundry, Bowling, Vintage, Romantic, Movie, Patio, Luxury Party Stuff Packs, and both Free content things.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Type 1: Be a Spellcaster talented enough to brew potions, and have a Retail Store. Brew potions or use one of the sample potions you get while experimenting and learning recipes. Go to your store and put your potions on a table or floor or otherwise set them on display somewhere. Click on potion to find the "Set For Sale" option. (it isn't there right now) Type 2: Through Build/Buy mode use the buydebug cheat and bring up the hidden potions listed. Go to your store and set THESE versions on display. Mark as "Set For Sale" (it IS there on THESE versions)
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no "Set For Sale option on Type 1 potions (The type you actually made yourself through normal gameplay). These potions have a $0 pricetag and cannot be set for sale, nor can you actually get money when you sell them direct through your Sim's inventory, but they DO actually work spell-wise. The Type 2 Versions of the potions that are listed in buydebug cheat mode DO have a base price on them and thus you CAN set THESE for sale in your store as there is a base price for the game to calculate the mark up from for sale, but they DO NOT work spell-wise. You cannot drink them and some of the descriptions of these are the same as others. You also cannot find the Type 1 Versions in buydebug in buildmode. You can only get them by actually making or earning them in normal gameplay.
What do you expect to see? To make a potion through normal gameplay through ROM and be able to set it for sale with markup in a retail store through Get To Work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Realm Of Magic Game Pack. Already had Get To Work.

Exactly as stated above. There seems to be 2 sets of potions in the game. One that works and one that doesn't yet both versions seem to be a split between functionalities they should have in the game. One set that you make in game has no base price so it cant be listed for sale nor can you get any money selling them in inventory. The other version has a base price but you nor any Sim can actually drink them. I suppose a temporary work around for this would be to list the buydebug versions for sale with markup, except they dont actually work and (because you did not make them in game) have to actually pay for them first and resell them to make any money. 

It would be nice if the potions you actually make through normal gameplay had a base price on it so you can sell your WORKING potions in your retail store. 

I love Realm Of Magic as it is and its my new favorite pack. However To be honest selling created potions in a retail store was ONE of my main reasons for buying Realm Of Magic in the first place. Everything else in the pack is normally sell able. Its just the potions are a little... screwy.

Message 5 of 14 (6,623 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Some elixirs have expensive or difficult to find ingredients And because they are expensive, you don't do them. You will do one and it's enough. At this point, this whole magic pack stops providing entertainment and loses meaning. And it could be so nice to expand this idea. You could have a magic shop where you could sell these potions. Half of the players would like to start building magic shops and others would play in them. Lots of fun for everyone.
After a long period of playing this magical pack starts to be boring and pointless. And only because someone disregarded the problem with these prices, or decided that he did enough.

Message 6 of 14 (6,592 Views)

Re: ROM + GTW = Cant Sell Created Potions. 2 Versions Listed In Game

Hero
@aidans1985 You can't sell them as they have no price. I merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (6,579 Views)

Re: ROM + GTW = Cant Sell Created Potions. 2 Versions Listed In Game

★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
@aidans1985You can't sell them as they have no price. I merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Yes I know that. Thats what I said.... 👍😀

Message 8 of 14 (6,554 Views)

★★★ Guide
@icemunmun1 Are you aware your mod damages a sims ability to gain more talent points once its installed? (at least it did in my game on several newbie spellcasters). Even worse they still cant gain points once its removed/game cleaned/repaired). I dont know what would be the connection between making potions sellable + talent points would be but....you might wanna check your mod.

I thought at first it was a conflict with another mod until I did a test game with a test sim with only the sellable potions mod installed on an otherwise clean game and it still did it.

They will learn spells and potions and rank up but wont gain points per level thus cannot allocate them to perks.

Other than that... Its awesome! 😀👍
Message 9 of 14 (6,512 Views)

★★★ Guide

Update: its not the mod that causes the problem, its when you play on fast speed while practising or experimenting that causes the sim to freak out. 😯

Message 10 of 14 (5,765 Views)