[FIXED] [ROM] Can't complete task for spellcaster aspirations

by LittleDinosaurPG

Original Post

Re: [RoM] Spellcasting/Energy path aspiration doesn't work properly

★★★★★ Guide

You should change the name of the topic - the potions' aspiration doesn't work as well.

Message 11 of 51 (2,720 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rostsit I already did.

Can't complete task for spellcaster aspirations is for both. There's not enough letters to spell both out Wink

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 51 (2,713 Views)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs; Laundry Day, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Perfect Patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose one of the spellcaster aspirations and try to complete the "Learn a spell" or "Learn a potion"
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't complete the "Learn a Spell" or "Learn a potion" although new spells and potions are learned
What do you expect to see? I would expect the newly learned spell or potion to count.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now - but I did previously.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I installed Magic Realm and the latest game update.

The sim lives in Sulani and was made before the Realm of Magic came out. She has travelled in the past. She has never been an occult of any type. There are other occults (aliens) on the lot. She is a global superstar. She was made into a spellcaster by the sages at HQ. I have only tried completing the aspiration in Sulani and the Magic Realm; neither works.

I haven't yet tried with other sims.

I have tried to restart the game.

Message 13 of 51 (2,689 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] [ROM] Ex-Vampires cannot complete spellcaster aspiration

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, Guys! I also play with no mods, but my sim has never been a vampire and I do not have the vampire expansion pack. I have repeatedly tried to fulfill the "learn a potion"  task from the new aspiration and it's just not happening! Dealing with these problems with every new addition that I pay for is getting really frustrating.

Message 14 of 51 (2,652 Views)

Hero
@hmariem81 Was he some other kind of occult ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 51 (2,621 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No...she's never been any kind of occult. I tried switching to the spellcaster aspiration and it's doing the same thing... went register "learn a spell" even though she's learned a few. I've tried traveling and then going back, bought a cauldron and learned a potion at home, exited out of the game several times, and tried to "repair" by right clicking in the origin screen. Nothing is working.

Message 16 of 51 (2,606 Views)

Hero
@hmariem81 Moving your post over to the thread on non-occutls then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 51 (2,598 Views)

[ROM]Can't complete "Learn a spell" in Spellcraft & Sorcery aspiration.

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 한국어
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose "Spellcraft & Sorcery" aspiration. Learn a spell from Master Speller or Bookselves.
What happens when the bug occurs? Even though sims learned a spell, "Learn a spell" section in "Spellcraft & Sorcery" aspiration doesn't be completed.
What do you expect to see? When sims learned a spell, "Learn a spell" section in "Spellcraft & Sorcery" aspiration should be completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm playing a 4 member household. Three of them have this problem. Only one of them can complete it.

save file link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13a79QK3w1dL6gr8N58oH0X5D-ol0MlC_/view?usp=sharing

Message 18 of 51 (2,599 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just to let you guys know... I've now tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it didn't help.

Message 19 of 51 (2,507 Views)

R.o.M. aspirations not working

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, realm of magic, strangerville, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, bowling night, movie hangout, spooky stuff, cool kitchen stuff, free holiday pack, free guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose either of the two new aspirations in Realm of Magic. On the third task of the first 3-step part, it will ask you to either "learn a spell" or "learn a potion".
What happens when the bug occurs? When the sim learns a spell or potion, it will not fulfill on the aspiration checklist and they are unable to advance to the second 3-task part of it.
What do you expect to see? When they learn a new spell, "learn a spell" is checked off. When they learn a new potion, "learn a potion" is checked off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've seen, on other posts, that this has been a problem for some ex-occult Sims, but mine has never been any sort of occult.

Message 20 of 51 (2,510 Views)