Re: R.o.M. aspirations not working

by ll__Lupinus__ll

Original Post

Re: Can't complete task for spellcaster aspiration

Hero
@lucianairun Merged with the non-ex occult thread then

QA is looking for saves on this one so if you could upload your save to either google drive or onedrive and PM to Nick or post the link in this thread, that'd be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 51 (1,630 Views)

Re: Can't complete task for spellcaster aspiration

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict @SimGuruNick 

Here's a save of the Spell Caster aspirations not completing.  As a side note, this is also the save that shows the Player Trait is still broken, and an example of reputation hits on those observing the sim with the player trait engaging in romantic interactions with another Sim  - that bug is about to be opened here.   (play around with it to see it yourself).

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhqonoWt72AU3Tui8BCf9-XUApYH?e=eXGqxG

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Player-Trait-Broken/m-p/8380454#M108412

Edit:  Forgot I had already opened a reputation hit bug report:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Reputation-Loss-Romantic-interest-romancing-anothe...

Message 42 of 51 (1,548 Views)

Re: Magic realm aspirations

★★★★★ Apprentice

This makes sense... For Halloween week I did a spooky special on my stream where I had 2 vampires and a spellcaster sharing a house and within the week I was able to complete both spellcaster aspirations with a Sim who had never done any aspirations before. Over on my 100 baby challenge, my matriarch is a spellcaster (practically the first thing I did in this save so she has never been any other type of occult) and I have been working on seeing how many aspirations I can complete before she ages out just for a little extra fun. I completed the painting, writing, and music aspirations first as these are moneymaking paths for the early part of the challenge. I thought it would be quick and easy to have her complete the spellcaster aspirations next since she already has a little practice and selected Purveyer of Potions, but after learning 2 potion recipes from sages and another from experimentation, the first milestone has not completed. She already knew 4 potions before I selected the aspiration. I ended up choosing a different aspiration for the time being.

Message 43 of 51 (1,411 Views)

★ Pro
@ravencoal Moving to a new save via the library might help. There will be no more royalties, however.
Message 44 of 51 (1,539 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue Frown

When my Sim learned his first spell/potion the aspiration wasn't active, maybe 1st spell/potion is already flagged but not registered with the aspiration?

Message 45 of 51 (1,473 Views)

Re: I Can't complete the "Learn a Spell" quest for SpellCraft & So

★ Novice

I recently posted something around this subject and im hoping they fix this b4 the college expansion comes out. ive learned everything there is to learn (except for a couple of potions and spells) but didn't get the aspirations of either completed. tried restarting my game after saving, even to the point of trying to complete another aspiration thing that was the problem. (game so glitched that my husband is now my brother lol)

Message 46 of 51 (1,454 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Can't complete task for spellcaster aspirations

★★★★ Novice

So I too am having this issue. I had a sim ascend and she was able to complete the aspiration. When she had a child, the child had the weak bloodline, but was not a sorceress. The kid is now a teen, and I had her to ascend also. Upon learning her first spell, from one of the Masters to boot, she wasn't credited for learning it in the aspiration. I have this issue seemingly only when it's an offspring trying to complete the aspiration. Very frustrating.

Message 47 of 51 (1,257 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Can't complete task for spellcaster aspirations

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue where some Spellcasters would not complete the “Learn a Spell” goal, even though they would learn a Spell.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

I'm going to mark this as fixed. If you're on PC/Mac and still have issues, please let me know

Thread for console: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-XB1-PS4-ROM-Can-t-complete-the-quot-Learn-a-Spell/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 51 (7,468 Views)

Re: [RoM] Spellcasting/Energy path aspiration doesn't work properly

★ Novice
@zirize it worked! thank you!
Message 49 of 51 (1,058 Views)

Re: R.o.M. aspirations not working

★★★ Newbie

How to solve this problem?

Message 50 of 51 (932 Views)