Re: Can't complete task for spellcaster aspiration

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Can't complete task for spellcaster aspirations

★★★ Novice

The sim who has the issue in my game has indeed licensensed songs. 

I have since tried with her children (teens) and they are both able to complete the aspiration. They were also both played before ROM (they were toddlers then) and both earned the top notch toddler trait. Neither of them have licensensed songs. So they comply with the theory.

Message 31 of 51 (2,703 Views)

Re: I Can't complete the "Learn a Spell" quest for SpellCraft & So

★ Guide

This was happening to me too. Not specifically the spellcaster aspiration but any aspiration. However when I would close the game and reopen it everything would be completed accordingly. So I wasn't too worried about it.

Message 32 of 51 (2,686 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could someone who has experienced this issue possibly share a save file? Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 33 of 51 (2,668 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@SimGuruNick Here are links to a couple of save files that I've experienced this issue on, though I have experienced it on more than these (many of my sims tend to license music).  In the one with two sims in the household (currently active household), both have licensed music so the learn a spell/learn a potion isn't counting for either.  In the save with the three sims in the currently active household, the female has licensed music and the learn a spell/learn a potion didn't work for her.  It worked for the two males, but neither has licensed any music. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gWIhhKxR2-5dT0Bwup8IpI9viv-kIF7j/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wiYx17d_XNK6_aEfLa01zvPAAdTw-2Vy/view?usp=sharing

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 34 of 51 (2,658 Views)

Re: [RoM] Spellcasting/Energy path aspiration doesn't work properly

★★★ Newbie

This does not work

Message 35 of 51 (2,619 Views)

★ Novice

It’s also happening on PS4. My sim completed the music aspiration as well. Any fix for this

Message 36 of 51 (2,418 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue.  Is there a fix for this?

Message 37 of 51 (2,345 Views)

Can't complete task for spellcaster aspiration

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.55.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Cats and Dogs, Get famous, StrangerVille, Get together, Seasons,Get to work, Realm of magic, and Holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set "SpellCraft and Sorcery" aspiration for your Sim.Go to Magic Realm and turn your Sim into a spell caster and do the last quest.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't complete "Learn a spell" quest
What do you expect to see? Can compete the "Learn a spell" quest
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My Sim is at the highest rank "Virtuoso" , and I completed the spell book but the aspiration is still at the first milestone of the aspiration "Spellcraft and Sorcery" 

Message 38 of 51 (2,277 Views)

Hero
@lucianairun Is your Sim a former occult of any other kind ? Like he was a vamp before and you changed to spellcaster ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 51 (2,253 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, my Sim hasn't been any kind of Occult aside from spellcaster

Message 40 of 51 (2,241 Views)