Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Can't complete task for spellcaster aspirations

by MapleSimmer

Original Post

Re: R.o.M. aspirations not working

Hero
@hmariem81 You had posted in the correct thread already. I merged your new bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 51 (3,812 Views)

Re: [RoM] Spellcasting/Energy path aspiration doesn't work properly

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

To Whom wants to know a quick fix.

Try "aspirations.complete_current_milestone" cheat code 

Message 22 of 51 (3,769 Views)

Re: [RoM] Spellcasting/Energy path aspiration doesn't work properly

★★★★★ Newbie
@rostsit I have a same issue too.
Message 23 of 51 (3,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I also play on PC, have no mods or anything installed right now and are using the newest patch. I have all the expansions. Made a new game file recently to get rid of another bug (but this aspiration-bug was there before I made the new gamefile too). I have this issue with my ''supersim'' (she is not a former vampire) and the sims in that world, neither the spells in ''Spellcaster and sorcery'' or the potions in ''Purveyor of potions'' counts thorts the goals in the aspirations. She knew 5 spells and I still said 0/3 spells on the aspiration. I've been using the cheat to get to the next branch of the aspiration.

But bout aspirations work just fine on my new game of only new characters in another save.

Message 24 of 51 (3,664 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I’ve also had this problem with both of the spellcaster aspirations for two of my three sims, it doesn’t complete for two, but does for the third sim. The two sims I’m having problems with were downloaded from the gallery as toddlers and raised to young adult and have not been occults. The one that is able to complete the tasks was created by me and raised from a teen and has less reward traits (both purchased and earned). All three have been played since before Realm of Magic. The two sims who can’t complete the learn a potion or a spell both have rewards traits in common that the third sim doesn’t have, including the top notch toddler trait and the beloved trait. I have all the packs, no mods/cc, delete my localthumbcache frequently and am on the most current version of the game (PC 1.55.105.1020). 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 25 of 51 (3,617 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I just wanted to update.  I tried again in two other saves with sims who I've been playing with since before Realm of Magic came out.  Of the four sims I tried (two per save), the two teens were able to get the spells and potions they learned to count and in the other save, the two sims there, both young adults were not able to get the spells and potions they learned to count. In the original save that I had the problem, two sims couldn't get the spells and potions to count and the third sim was able.  I tried comparing traits, including earned and purchased, fame and reputation and I couldn't see a connection.  I have a Word document with screenshots of all of the sims' traits as well as whether or not they were successful in getting the 'learn a potion' or 'learn a spell' to count (I found that if one failed for a sim, both failed for that sim); I can submit that if that would help. 

Best regards, 

Jennifer

Message 26 of 51 (3,342 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think this bug is related to the "music licensing" bug. If I select one of the new realm of magic aspirations, the game throws a last exception error. I've started for testing purposes a completely new vanilla game with a new created sim, let her move into a house, gave her one of the magic aspirations and everything was fine, no LE error at all.

Then I changed her aspiration again, let her write and license a song . After licensing the song I switched to a magic aspiration again. And boom .... LE error. 

And from then on, the game permanently throws LE errors when my Sim learns spells. Whenever the milestone (lern 1 spell, know 3 spells ) is supposed to be completed , a LE error will happen and it will not be completed at all. So I think the two bugs are related to each other. I have to cheat to complete the milestones, and that´s annoying. 

Did your Sims license songs before?

Message 27 of 51 (3,297 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I checked two of my sims who didn't have problems with this aspiration and they weren't working on the music aspiration and one of the two had only released 'tracks', not actually licensed music. 

I then added a sim to the household who was working on the music aspiration and had licensed a piece of music and I turned her into a spellcaster and the aspiration 'learn new spell' didn't complete for her when she learned a new spell.  There was a last exception that referred to her licensed music, which goes along with @Shareliara theory. 

Here's a link to my last exception report on my google drive https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d9vnS6vwbo9qgyXsv6oVTW5lsyXn_QIH 

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 28 of 51 (3,277 Views)

★★ Guide
@MapleSimmer Probably you're right.

I have three sims have that problem also have the music aspiration.
Message 29 of 51 (3,242 Views)

★ Pro
@MapleSimmer Do you still get errors if you start a new game with your musician and try to learn new spells/potions there?
Message 30 of 51 (3,182 Views)