Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [RGSP] Wishing well fails to add child to family

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 0. Play a household of only 1 adult sim. 1. In buildmode, place "Whishing well". 2. Click it > Make an Offering > Present $5000. 3. Click it > Make a wish > Child.
What happens when the bug occurs? The child appears near the wishing well and he shares household sim's "family name". However, he is not added to the household after the animation. And the active sim --- child relationship is "acquaintance" only(not 'son'). I also received this error: "Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'RelationshipTracker' object has no attribute '_clear_relationships')"
What do you expect to see? "A child is instantly added to the household, usually with the genius trait." according to sims.wikia.com/wiki/Wishing_well
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 5 (757 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO ADD] [RGSP] Wishing well fails to add child to family

Hero

When a new child is successfully summoned using the Wishing Well, the child is now actually added to the household. The magic had to be tweaked, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.77

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (596 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@crinrict @EA_Mai

Please keep this thread open, we have been able to reproduce this issue and we are currently investigating. 

Thanks!

Message 2 of 5 (702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

How was this solved? I just had the same issue in my game today.

Message 3 of 5 (626 Views)

Hero
It's not. It's an open bug (that's why it says open)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (590 Views)

Hero

When a new child is successfully summoned using the Wishing Well, the child is now actually added to the household. The magic had to be tweaked, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.77

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (597 Views)