Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [RGSP] Wishing Well doesn't work for all careers

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim join an affected career and select "Wish for promotion in the X career" on the Whispering Wishing Well
What happens when the bug occurs? For Acting, Conservationist, Gardening, Style Influencer, and all part time jobs for adults the "wish for promotion" doesn't do anything and no action is taken. For Critic, Politics, Social Media, and Military only one outcome doesn't work. The wishing well turns green, and a popup stating that my sim should be promoted after the next shift appears while not actually affecting the performance bar.
What do you expect to see? To be able to wish for promotion in all careers and the appropriate outcome to happen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

For the Critic, Politics, Social Media, and Military careers the sim can use the wishing well to wish for a promotion but the green outcome doesn't work properly. Normally a sim will get the message "this is your workplace calling. Your job performance has been outstanding recently; the company's leadership has their eye on you! Provided you've met your other promotion requirements, your next shift is sure to end with a promotion!" and the performance bar will jump to full green with the check mark and the sim will be promoted after the next work shift. With these careers the same popup message comes on, but the performance bar doesn't move and the sim won't be promoted at the end of the next shift. This is regardless of whether the promotion requirements are met or not. Traveling off the lot also does not make the progress bar fill, neither does work from home vs work at work.

I noticed this as far back as shortly after Seasons released with the gardening career, but I only just sat down and tested every career.

Can't wish for promotion

• Actress
  • Conservationist
  • Gardener
  • Style Influencer
  • YA+ Babysitter, Barista, Diver, Fast Food, Fisherman, Lifeguard, Manual Labor, Retail
  • Teen Lifeguard

Green outcome doesn't work/performance bar doesn't fill

• Critic
  • Politics
  • Social Media
  • Military

Works normally

• Detective
  • Doctor
  • Scientist
  • Astronaut
  • Athelete
  • Criminal
  • Business
  • Entertainer
  • Painter
  • Culinary
  • Secret Agent
  • Writer
  • Tech Guru
  • Teen Babysitter, Barista, Fast Food, Manual Labor, Retail
Message 7 of 8 (1,581 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Wishing well doesn't grant promotion for military

Hero

Sims in Conservationist, Educator, Actor, Style Influencer, Military, Critic, Social Media, or Politician careers will now be able to Wish for a Promotion using the Wishing Well.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Hope it works for all careers now .. If not, let me know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,415 Views)

All Replies

Wishing well doesn't grant promotion for military

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Parenthood, child room crap, and my first pet crap.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put wishing well from Romantic Garden Stuff on lot. Put Sim into military career. Donate to well, use well, get positive result, check work performance meter.
What happens when the bug occurs? Get proper promotion notification, performance doesn't improve.
What do you expect to see? Work performance goes to near max for next shift promotion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Wishing Well from Romantic Garden Stuff successful promotion wish doesn't work with Military Career.

Message 1 of 8 (1,748 Views)

Re: Military Wishing Well

Hero
HI @Regrius

does it work for other careers ?

Also, please don't put any tags (except pack tags) yourself or your post will get missed. It's my way of keeping track. Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,731 Views)

Hero

Hi @Regrius 

does this only happen for the military career ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (1,692 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Does anyone else have issues with this ?

Moving this to Game Info for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,660 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Regrius 

It works fine with the Military career. Notice that the effect is immediate and may be. 1. a promotion 2. a demotion 3. nothing depending on the mood of the wishing well. It does NOT change the current work performance.
Also even if the WW is in a good mode there is a chance it will not grant the wish. You will not get the normal promotion text just a little note that your sim was promoted (or demoted or the wish was not granted).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 8 (1,643 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I had a different career (Painter career) that achieved a "positive" result, as described in this link: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/stuffpacks/romanticgarden/ The positive result is not an instant career promotion, but like you said, supposed to fill the progress bar and grant the promotion the next time they go to work. 

Mine didn't show the progress bar filled until I traveled off the lot. My wishing well was not on the home lot, so when she traveled back home, the progress bar was filled. It sounds like your wishing well is on your home lot. Try traveling off the lot and back to see if it fills the progress bar. 

Also, just a note on the promotion - if you don't have the required daily task completed, or meet the skill requirements to advance, you still won't get the promotion. I missed the fact that my sim had only completed 50% of her daily task so when she went to work the progress bar dipped down and she had to wait until the next day for the promotion. So be sure to fill the other requirements. 

If traveling off-lot helps (or not), please reply back and let us all know. Happy Simming!

Message 6 of 8 (1,633 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Sims in Conservationist, Educator, Actor, Style Influencer, Military, Critic, Social Media, or Politician careers will now be able to Wish for a Promotion using the Wishing Well.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Hope it works for all careers now .. If not, let me know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,416 Views)