Re: [OPEN] Puddles after drinking water

by Kibe-chan

Original Post

Re: Puddles after drinking water

★★★ Novice

No Ghosts here, regular homes not running Paranormal stories. Good possibility though if someone was running those programs. Most Ghosts leak...

Message 101 of 112 (608 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This was caused by the Paranormal rollout and the coding got into the base game during an update.  I did explain this earlier in the thread.  Unless you have mods, or there's a patch released, the puddles will remain.  There is a piece of code you can add to your MCCC tuner.cfg file that stops sims grabbing water and therefore no puddles are caused.  

Message 102 of 112 (578 Views)

Sims drink water like ghosts

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Get to work, Get together, Seasons, Dine out, Outdoor retreat, Luxury party stuff, Romantic garden stuff, Spooky stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? A Sim drinks a glass of water and creates a pile of water on the floor.
What happens when the bug occurs? A Sim drinks a glass of water and creates a pile of water on the floor.
What do you expect to see? A Sim drinks a glass of water and doesn't creat a pile of water on the floor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

A Sim drinks a glass of water and creates a pile of water on the floor.

Message 103 of 112 (579 Views)

Re: Sims drink water like ghosts

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@dirty_milos Do the codes not work for you tuner.cfg file from page 3? Worked like a dream for me although I'm not on a PC I believe it should work on Windows PC. The coding is python so it should work across all systems.

@acoxshes  It's more fun that the dust bunnies. *coughs*

Message 104 of 112 (513 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem but I dont have Paranormal.  I'm on a PC

Message 105 of 112 (468 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@arford59 I don't have Paranormal either. It's (as I explained many times in this thread), the coding getting into the basegame. Annoying for us who don't play Paranormal. The coding really helps. Please try it!
Message 106 of 112 (456 Views)

★ Guide

Same thing, PC player here. I've been trying to look after my sim because of the food bug so that they don't keep taking water glasses out so I didn't notice this before. But now that I've encountered invasive neighbors who come to my home just to take a glass of water and drink it I've seen puddles appearing when they drink. 

All Expansion packs, all Game packs, all Stuff packs except: My first pet, Romantic garden, Perfect patio, Luxury party and Journey to Batuu. No Kits

I have removed all my CC and mods that I used long time ago and have done the cleaning process.

versio nro

Message 107 of 112 (439 Views)

★ Novice

I don't have the paranormal pack, and my sim leaves water. 

Message 108 of 112 (423 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@valohim666 Tenho o mesmo problema no PC. E muitos sims invadem minha casa sem serem convidados e vão direto pegar água na torneira, e molham todo o chão, toda vez. Que ódio!
Message 109 of 112 (412 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Whethr you have Paranormal pack or not, the puddles will still appear. When new packs are rolled out, it puts code into all other packs, but...  I've just seen an update and hoping this is a fix for us!  will see tomorrow as I'm off to bed.  3am here in the UK!  Fingers crossed and goodnight all.

I do not work For EA, but I do like to help people if I can

Keep on simming and have fun!

Helping to keep The Sims Sim-ple

Ged

Message 110 of 112 (461 Views)