Puddles Randomly Appearing Indoors

by Duostar84

Original Post

Re: Spilling water

★★ Pro
@Gednaa I hope so. I live in fear that my game will crash and Origin will insist I install patches/upgrades with new bugs. I'd love to just have a patch that fixed bugs, old and new, without screwing it up.
Message 91 of 112 (1,454 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Puddles after drinking water

★★ Guide

Same thing was happening in my game. If a sim drank a glass of water, a puddle would appear in a random location on the lot. I installed Command Center and used the MC Tuner Autonomy Scan to disable the autonomous "get water" action on the sinks and fridges as a workaround for this issue. 

I was an anti-mod player for years, but I finally had to break my "no mods" rule to keep TS4 in a playable state. This particular mod is a lifesaver in TS4 as it relates to fixing certain game breaking issues that result from the autonomous obsessions sims have in this game. Without it, this game would just be sims drinking water, mopping puddles, and cooking endless meals until they starve...or ignoring all of the above to dance. Standard smile 

But anyway, I digress. If you're not opposed to mods, consider using the MC Tuner Autonomy Scan feature in Command Center to stop sims from getting water from sinks and fridges. The only way (at least that I've found) to stop the constant puddles is to "ban" water drinking completely. 

Message 92 of 112 (1,423 Views)

Re: Puddles after drinking water

★★★ Newbie

It's not from bonehilda. I have the basic vanilla game and am having the same problem.

Message 93 of 112 (1,400 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

When they rolled out the Paranormal pack, there also came an update for everybody, so the coding from Paranormal spilled over (pun intended) to the base game and all packs.  I put a Line of code into MC tuner to fix it.  MCC wasn't picking up the problem, even if you had it set to not grab water.  So there's a code to add to your . cfg file I think it's in this thread.

I do not work For EA, but I do like to help people if I can
Keep on simming and have fun!

Helping to keep The Sims Sim-ple.

Ged

Message 94 of 112 (1,367 Views)

★ Guide

Same thing for me on PS4. I've gotten video of it but keep forgetting to send it so I'm glad you reported it. I wish console screen capture & send was easier than the convoluted way it is now.

Message 95 of 112 (1,236 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem as well paired with excessive water drinking. My sim keeps going to the fridge for water even when they are not hungry and after they finish puddles everywhere.I am on PC as well. 

Message 96 of 112 (1,166 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Try modifying your mc_ tuner.cfg file (if you have mccc) with the script earlier in the thread from @Psychotps.. It really has helped my game a lot.  Use a text editor to open it and add the code by copying and pasting it in, then save it back into your mods folder.

I do not work For EA, but I do like to help people if I can
Keep on simming and have fun!

Helping to keep The Sims Sim-ple.

Gednaaahhh!

Message 97 of 112 (1,116 Views)

★★ Guide
@TheHound71 If your game is patched to the most recent version (which it's my understanding that it would have to be), this bug would have come with the patch/base game update that was released prior to Bonehilda's return to the game and not the Paranormal pack itself, meaning that, due to the patch/update, your game would be affected even if you didn't buy the pack.
Message 98 of 112 (1,054 Views)

Puddles Randomly Appearing Indoors

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions and stuff packs all game packs apart from Star Wars & Country Kitchen Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? by playing the game, puddles will randomly appear on the inside of the house regardless of if an object is leaking or if it's raining outside
What happens when the bug occurs? occurs randomly during gameplay
What do you expect to see? puddles to only appear when there is a reason for it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. noticed it after most recent patch

03-17-21_10-33-30 AM.png

Puddle can clearly be seen on the kitchen floor. There isn't any nearby broken plumbing and it's not currently raining in game.

Message 99 of 112 (1,044 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same Problem but I am on PC not Console. I heard my Sim point down "with attitude" as if someone spilled something and did not clean up. I starting looking for a possible leak but  the puddles were never by the Bathroom or Kitchen...So it's a "Me Too" via PC

Message 100 of 112 (1,022 Views)