Re: The sims is leaking puddles

by Psychotps

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RavenLure Let's do it this way: Make a new thread once they fix this and you're still having issues. For now, one thread is better to avoid too much confusion.

All I was suggesting was you could try the mod it fixes the issue for you as well but that's of course up to you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 112 (861 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@RavenLure Please do try the mod as Crin suggests.  It's helped a lot even though they're still drinking a lot, we're not having to mop puddles at least!  Sounds to me like the issue is going to get fixed, reading between the lines, so I guess we'll have to live with no sinks for a while or any liquid producing machines!Wondering

I do not work For EA, but I do like to help people if I can

Keep on simming and have fun!

Helping to keep The Sims Sim-ple.

[edit: email address removed]

Message 72 of 112 (844 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

If anyone has (or wants to try) MCCC, that will solve that problem (and MANY others).

Just use it's included MCTuner. It creates a file in the mod directory to allow it to work across ALL saves. You can add lines in it to stop random water drinking, tea drinking, coffee drinking, random ghosts breaking objects, random shoveling snow... basically ANY automated tasks.

Here's some of the lines from MY mc_tuner.cfg file...

26319,fridge_GrabDrinkAutonomously
133052,sink_StartCrafting_Autonomously
164355,fridge_GrabWaterAutonomously
222271,autonomous_ObjectPicker_Sink_StartCrafting

Use MCCC's MCTuner and have those lines in the file and your sims will NEVER autonomously get water again.

Message 73 of 112 (826 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Psychotps Thanks I can add those to my cfg file! (which is pretty long!). I did notice at my acting gig today that he didn't keep getting the sink showing up in his bar, which I always had to cancel or remove all the sinks! Not today. Maybe this has been addressed? Fingers crossed! There was small update a couple of nights ago.
Message 74 of 112 (809 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Gednaa Lol, I wouldn't know. Those lines I listed have been a part of my install for AGES. My sims haven't autonomously gotten water in years.
Message 75 of 112 (807 Views)

Re: Puddles after drinking water

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Also just happened to me. Kiyoshi Ito (aged him to a young adult when my Sim's daughter aged to Young Adult) is spending the night with my Sims and he got a glass of water from the fridge and drank it and now there's a big puddle on the floor. 

EDIT: Forgot to add I play on Xbox. 😉 And no, I don't have the pack. ☺️

Message 76 of 112 (784 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Psychotps Mine shouldn't grab water from the sinks as I ran an autonomy scan, but they still do (or did). I've put the globe bar in for them, and they're like heat seeking missiles, gravitating towards it! It's going again!!
Message 77 of 112 (768 Views)

Re: Puddles after drinking water

★★★★★ Guide

@AprilTheSimmer96  I play on a Mac, so don't know if there's any difference there with updates, patches etc. Sorry you're still having issues with the water. Did you get the mod to fix the puddles mentioned earlier in the thread?

I do not work For EA, but I do like to help people if I can.

Keep on simming and have fun!

Helping to keep The Sims Sim-ple.

Simandsimandsim

Message 78 of 112 (767 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

it fixes the bug with the water puddles caused by the bonehilde problem

This isn't a bonehilda problem. Clearly you haven't read the entire thread, if you had, you would have seen myself and others commenting that we do not have the paranormal pack. Further we have provided videos and photographs of this bug. It exists. It is not an issue with paranormal pack. Its an issue caused by one of the recent patches: December 7th, 2020, December 14th, 2020 or January 21st, 2021

Here is a screenshot of my most recent Sims 4 purchases

CM Edit: Removed screenshot as it contained information that would aide in the theft of an account

I have not purchased Paranormal Pack. Nor have several others in this thread

Before you tell me "this thread is about the bonehilda problem" no it is not. If you look at the creation date of this thread, this bug existed well before BoNeHeLdA existed in Sims 4

Message 79 of 112 (745 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Gednaa Put those lines I listed in. I came across the same problem and contacted Deaderpool on his discord. They gave me the 222271 line to put in. For some reason it doesn't show up on the Autonomy scan.
Message 80 of 112 (737 Views)