[FIXED] Previewing custom music only lowers the volume when stopping

by Anonymous

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Previewing custom music only lowers the volume when stopping

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

When previewing custom music in the options menu, stopping the preview only lowers the volume drastically (seemingly 1% volume), rather than stopping the music. This also doesn't fix itself when resuming the game or previewing a different song, and the music still loops at the end of the song. The effect is easily noticed with good headphones.

Message 1 of 12 (1,144 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Previewing custom music in the options menu only lowers the volume when stop

Hero

• We fixed an issue where choosing to stop a custom music preview from playing in the options panel, did not actually stop it, but just lowered its volume.

Fixed in Patch 1.22.22

@Anonymous Could I get you feedback if it's working for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (1,076 Views)

All Replies

Re: Previewing custom music in the options menu only lowers the volume when stop

Hero

Since when is this happening ?

Just custom music ?

Any other cc/mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,134 Views)

Anonymous

I only started playing with the current patch (1.19.28.1010), so that's when I noticed the bug. Only happens with custom music. No CC and the only mod I have is a mod that allows custom locks on doors.

Message 3 of 12 (1,126 Views)

Hero

That one is no longer working correctly (although probably unrelated).

I'll test this although the good head set part might be an issue for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (1,111 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for the report on this! I can reproduce it as well. You weren't kidding about needing good headphones or it being like 1% volume. It's soooo slight, but definitely there. Thanks again! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 12 (1,097 Views)

Hero

Thanks Nick for testing

I've now added this to the list

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (1,033 Views)

Hero

• We fixed an issue where choosing to stop a custom music preview from playing in the options panel, did not actually stop it, but just lowered its volume.

Fixed in Patch 1.22.22

@Anonymous Could I get you feedback if it's working for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (1,077 Views)

Anonymous
Yeah, I can't hear them anymore, but I also noticed when you preview music (custom or otherwise), the memory in Task Manager increases slightly, and is not freed when the preview is stopped, suggesting the songs are not unloaded. This can be noticed if you monitor Task Manager while spamming the preview button to continuously start and stop the preview.
Message 8 of 12 (946 Views)

Hero

Tagging @SimGuruNick

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (941 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Sorry for the late reply. I can reproduce the memory usage increase when spamming music previews as well, I filed a report on it. Thank you much! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 12 (864 Views)