Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Poor Quality Tea

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make Tea
What happens when the bug occurs? Poor Qualilty tea, regardless of sims cooking/gourmet cooking skill and regardless of if the tea pot is upgraded or not.
What do you expect to see? Poor Qualilty tea, regardless of sims cooking/gourmet cooking skill and regardless of if the tea pot is upgraded or not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This has been happening since before the patch. Honestly, I usually don't mess with the tea much, but with this sim family, my sim was in the athletic career and Oolong Tea makes them energized, so we've been making tea since October (RL). And no matter what, it comes out poor quality. I've upgraded the tea pot as much as it could be upgraded and it's poor quality. So I thought maybe the upgrades borked it. So I bought a whole new tea maker. Poor quality. I've bought several more, all poor quality. My sim has a mastered cooking and level 7 gourmet, and it's still poor quality. I'd say it's not a mod as I've done a complete mod overall with this new patch and basically the only mods I still have that I had then is MCCC (Updated to the newest one 3.9.6), the most up-to-date UI Cheats, and updated DBMoreDrinks for kids. All other mods were deleted and I've gotten all new, updated for the patch/pack, mods. This family is a big tea family, they are constantly making pots of tea, then I have to hear them moan and groan about it being nasty. So is there a mod that fixes this or anyone know why it's happening? I've also repaired game since the patch, and it's still happening. This has been ongoing since the first week of October.

Message 1 of 23 (5,813 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Poor Quality Tea

Hero

• The Tea Magic Personal Brewer was brewing worse and worse quality tea over time, until it could only produce poor tea. Not only did we fix that, but we discovered and fixed an underlying issue that was preventing Sims from ever brewing excellent quality tea. Enjoy your delicious tea!

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 23 (5,434 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Still need you to test without any mods at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (5,737 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just tested with mods folder completely out and it's still poor quality. Screenshot (80).png

Message 3 of 23 (5,731 Views)

★ Guide

I've noticed this happening with several households, I use the tea makers pretty frequently. I also notice that when it occurs, the tea maker's value drops to $5, from the more standard amount for selling a used tea maker. I usually just sell it, and buy another for full price, but it invariably happens again.

Message 4 of 23 (5,709 Views)

★★ Expert

me too. i noticed a few months ago, actually... i never thought to write about it here.

Message 5 of 23 (5,693 Views)

Hero

Hm. I can't seem to duplicate this in my save

Few questions

• Does it matter which tea ?
  • Is it every tea you make or just every ... tea ?
  • What's your cooking skills (don't think that's connected to tea ?)
  • Did you ever have mods/cc on the save you have the issue ?
  • Does the issue also occur if you start a brand new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 23 (5,668 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

1. Doesn't matter which tea we make, it's all poor quality. 

2. It's every time the make tea. Every pot.

3. My main sim has Maxed cooking, and 7 Gourmet cooking and she still gets poor tea. 

4. Yes, I've had CC in this game, but none of my CC relates to tea or coffee flavor or anything that even seems it could be related. 

5. I'll start a new save soon as I can and test it. 

Message 7 of 23 (5,660 Views)

★★ Expert

1. no, it's every kind of tea.

2. each and every time any Sim makes a pot of tea, and every single cup.

3. doesn't matter, could be 1 or 10. i've tried all levels.

4. when i first noticed, i had no mods at all on that save, and had never used.

5. happens with every save, brand new or existing. i will try again with another one later.

Message 8 of 23 (5,639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

update: today i placed the teapot in a community lot (The Blue Velvet) and directed my Sim to brew a pot. the quality was "normal". trying to sell it shows it's worth 275 simoleons.

Message 9 of 23 (5,599 Views)

Hero

I have added this with a bit of a question mark.

I don't see it in my own game but there's a few people reporting this so I'm adding. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 23 (5,564 Views)