Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Player Feats: Red X (DEBUG) item appearing in build mode

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to build mode/doors and select Show ALL. Scroll down to find.
What happens when the bug occurs? Does not seem to affect game play, but a DEBUG item is not suppose to be in the build mode catalog.
What do you expect to see? I do not expect to see this item in my build mode catalog.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I posted here yesterday:

Re: Red X's when in build mode Sims 4

and was asked to post my problem here in the bug forum.

Recently I noticed that a white box with a red X appeared in my game in build mode/doors with the title:  Player Feats, $50, **DEBUG**.

screenshot.jpg

This only appears when I click on the Show All button, not when I click on the various size doors. I checked other categories in build and buy mode and cannot find anything similar in any of the other build/buy items. I am not sure how long this problem may have existed since I rarely use the Show All category. So I don't know if it is related to the recent update.

I recently downloaded two files from the gallery, one Sim and one lot, and thought that might be the problem but I have the game installed on two computers and only downloaded the files to my desktop but find the same problem on both computers. I have Windows 7 on my desktop and Windows 10 on my laptop. I have the base game only installed and I have no mods and no CC. I do not use cheats except for the Move Objects On/Off cheat.

I tried to fix this by first removing the two files I had previously downloaded thinking maybe there was a problem with one of them. Next I tried repair but this did not work either. Then I tried deleting the game cache files and then the Origin cache files. As a last resort I uninstalled and reinstalled the game to no avail. Any ideas as to what might be wrong and how I might get rid of this unwanted build mode item? It does not seem to affect game play.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (2,060 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Player Feats: Red X (DEBUG) item appearing in build mode

Hero

Removed the “Player Feats” door because it wasn’t really a door…

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (1,557 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@SimSchnecke Yup, as said in the other thread, seeing this too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (2,037 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just noticed the problem too. Mine's exactly the same, its right by arch E and only shows when in show all mode. I was just worried that I may have transferred my old Sims files to this computer wrong, but I haven't had any other problems with gameplay. 

It looks like its just a glitch probably from a software update, and they'll have to fix it for us, but IDK.

Message 3 of 5 (2,020 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I also see the red X in my game under the door category. I have no cc or mod. 

Message 4 of 5 (1,926 Views)

Hero

Removed the “Player Feats” door because it wasn’t really a door…

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (1,558 Views)