Re: [OPEN] Played households picked for NPC roles (and issues because of it)

by grannyiris77

Original Post

Re: Played main Sim is used as Vet NPC and now ...

★★ Guide

Well... If anyone already tried my temporary solution, you better use "traits.unequip_trait TRAITNAME" to remove the effect.

This does prevent picking up but it does not work on certain situations and ... well I found a glitch so I undo them.

Too bad. I guess I have to wait @EA to add an appropriate workaround solution(official reward trait or something).

@crinrict can you reopen this?

Message 21 of 38 (1,210 Views)

Hero
I unsolved but you can unsolve yourself if it's your thread.

Just click on the cogwheel on the post you marked as solution and choose: Not the solution.

For next time :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 38 (1,205 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I just modded for myself, but EA please, add a trait or something because I know plenty of people who want to ignore their sims.

--

Here's how to do it:

All service roles are selected from 'sim_filter', so search it.

Spoiler
<I c="DynamicSimFilter" i="sim_filter" m="filters.tunable" n="ProtesterCauseFilter" s="136553">
    <V t="trait">
      <U n="trait">
        <T n="invert_score">True</T>
        <T n="trait">116487<!--Trait: trait_DetectiveCareer_PoliceStationCriminalNPC--></T>
      </U>
    </V>
<---- INSERT [A] HERE
    <V t="trait">
      <U n="trait">
        <T n="trait">16851<!--Trait: trait_isGrimReaper--></T>
      </U>
    </V>

[A]

<V t="trait">
      <U n="trait">
        <T n="trait">1234567<!--Trait: trait_mymod_PleaseEALeaveMeAlone--></T>
      </U>
    </V>

OR

<V t="has_household_ever_been_played">
      <U n="has_household_ever_been_played">
      </U>
    </V>

Pack it to .packages and play.

Edited by EA_Mai: keep in mind editing game files can result on unexpected results and issues with your game. Please, do it at your own risk.

Message 23 of 38 (1,183 Views)

Sims randomly become vets and quit their other job

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Laundry Day, City Living, Get to Work, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By going to the vet with a sick animal in Brindleton Bay when you have a couple of households in Brindleton Bay.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I choose a household to play and you go to the vet clinic, sims from other played lots will be vets at random, even if they're employed elsewhere. If I then play the sim that randomly became a vet, he/she will be unemployed. If I choose a career for them again, the same thing (randomly becoming a vet) will happen if you play another household and go to the vet.
What do you expect to see? My sims not randomly becoming vets and quitting their other jobs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Cats and Dogs.

Copied from the questions:

When I choose a household to play and go to the vet clinic to cure an animal, sims from other played lots will be vets at random, even if they're employed elsewhere.

If I then play the sim that randomly became a vet, he/she will be unemployed. If I choose a career for them again, the same thing (randomly becoming a vet) will happen if I play another household and go to the vet with a sick animal (haven't tried going without a sick animal).

What's happening here?

Message 24 of 38 (1,298 Views)

Re: Sims randomly become vets and quit their other job

Hero
@Ellowyn Merged your thread with existing one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 38 (1,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@crinrictwrote:

You should be able to edit your career outfit with a cheat

sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas [SIMS-ID]

To  get the sims-id use this cheat sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstName LastName

I think testingcheats is also required.

I play rotionally. When I take my pets to the Vets I frequently find that my own Sims are showing up as Vets. I would't mind this except it changes my Sims Career outfit to the Vet outfit. 

I've tried using the cheat (sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas) to restore their outfits, but since unlocked outfits seem to be linked to the household not the Sim if a Sim has changed households they can't access their Career outfit in CAS.

I can move them back to their old household change their outfit and then return them to their current household, but only if there is more than one Sim in their current household. Doing this over and over again gets tedious.

Right now several of my Sims are going to work dressed as a Vets, because I'm tired of fixing their outfits. 

Message 26 of 38 (1,231 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Played households picked for NPC roles (and issues because of it)

★★★ Novice

I have had this problem as well...it is not about the stupid outfit. One of my sims who was randomly "chosen" to be a Vet was at the max career level, and when I went into that household he was "unemployed". What the heck??! Grrrrrrrrr. I cheated him back up once, then he was "chosen" again. Very. Annoying. Now I just let him be retired. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em I guess?? My other sim who also sports the Vet scrubs was able to keep his real job thankfully. Fix it, please?

Message 27 of 38 (1,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@99publicidentity Wasn´t that your mod at modthesims which is removed? And why is the post where crinrict redirected to mts is deleted too?

I´m not firm with modding so I wish I could download the finished package Wink 

Message 28 of 38 (1,032 Views)

Hero
I usually don't redirect to mods. Mod links are not allowed on AHQ. I don't think that mod was ever shared.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 38 (1,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Sry, redirected is wrong, you posted that this problem can be solved by this mod, therefore I found it.

Message 30 of 38 (999 Views)