Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Played NPC picked for Vet role and issues because of it

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a household with1 sim and 7 pets. Start playing it. Then, open a phone menu and put a pet for adoption. The Agent sim will appear and take your pet away.
What happens when the bug occurs? Often, the agent sim is PLAYED household sim.
What do you expect to see? Do not pick PLAYED sim. They have other thing/job to do. Why not pick from UNPLAYED sims, or generate a new random sim? (and please delete that sim when done; I'm always dealing with deleting homeless sims anyway)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a household with1 sim and 7 pets. Start playing it. Then, open a phone menu and put a pet for adoption. The Agent sim will appear and take your pet away.
What happens when the bug occurs? Often, the agent sim is PLAYED household sim.
What do you expect to see? Do not pick PLAYED sim. They have other thing/job to do. Why not pick from UNPLAYED sims, or generate a new random sim? (and please delete that sim when done; I'm always dealing with deleting homeless sims anyway)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 10 of 38 (3,096 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims Employed to More Than One Job???

[ Edited ]
Hero

• Sims who belong to played households can no longer be employed by the Vet Clinic.

As the vet issue was fixed, I'm going to mark this as fixed.

I've made a new thread for the flea market vendor issue here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CL-NPC-played-Sims-sell-buy-their-stuff-at-flea-market/... and moved all posts concerning that over to that.

If you have other issues that used to be in this thread still, please create a new thread.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 38 of 38 (2,240 Views)

All Replies

Played main Sim is used as Vet NPC and now ...

★★★★★ Apprentice

When I start playing cats & dogs the game uses one of my main Sims as Vet NPC.

He learned the vet skill and now he dressed up as vet everytime he goes to work as profi gamer.

I think both shouldn´t happen. Is there a way to undo this? 

Message 1 of 38 (3,061 Views)

Re: Played main Sim is used as Vet NPC and now ...

Hero

You should be able to edit your career outfit with a cheat

sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas [SIMS-ID]

To  get the sims-id use this cheat sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstName LastName

I think testingcheats is also required.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 38 (3,057 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thx, changed the work outfit successfully. 

But what about that he is used as a NPC?

Is he now marked as vet for the game in any way and used again?

Message 3 of 38 (3,053 Views)

Hero

I think it's just the outfit that didn't get reset properly. Not sure what you mean by marked as vet and used again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 38 (3,046 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This Sim is called Paul, job egamer lvl 10 and he is one of my first created Sims in my save, marked as played under my households and played until now.

I´ve created a new Sim for cats & dogs in this save to start playing c&d. First time he visited the vet clinic Paul was there as a vet.

I thought the game uses NPCs for this job and not played ones?

Therefore my question if Paul is now marked in anyway for the game to use him as "NPC" in some situations.   

Message 5 of 38 (3,035 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

They changed a lot when it comes to culling and how NPCs are handled a bit differently as you can now mark them safe and as played but I've always seen NPC (can't say 100% for sure if played, but housed for sure) in roles. 

Sims can have roles (which I think is way better than the constant generating/deleting of useless Sims). The outfit thing is a but weird and most likely a bug (you know where to report Wink but I don't think there's any other effects than that.

Is he the vet again when you start playing with another family ?

If you think they should not be allowed to have roles, I would suggest making a thread about it in the general info section as feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 38 (3,031 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thx Crin,

no he had his old career only the outfit and the learned vet skill was new, changed both.

I will look for the role situation a bit and report if its happen again.

Maybe the role for played and housed Sims is ok but that they learn skills?

Would be nice to know how the new culling, role system should work now its an important thing for all players I mean.

Message 7 of 38 (3,027 Views)

Hero

You can learn about it here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/905991/culling-relationship-culling-decay-current-status/...

Maybe even ask there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 38 (3,023 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thx again very interesting Wink

Message 9 of 38 (3,019 Views)