[FIXED] Platforms autonomously raise height

by juliabam123

Original Post

Platform height changes when creating a room on it.

★★★★ Expert

[Form not appearing? Below is copied from another post and changed answers]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except knitting

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a room with platforms and make a room on the platform. (see pictures in a post below)
What happens when the bug occurs? Once you close off the room, the platform height will double and everything on the platform will be deleted.
What do you expect to see? Platforms not raising up when creating a room on it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Do not know.

Verified by Sheri. Details and discussion attached.

Message 31 of 51 (1,212 Views)

Re: Building walls raises platforms

★★★★ Expert

Created a bug report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Platform-height-changes-when-creating-a-room-on-it/m-p/9924628...

If you could move the posts over, I'd appreciate it!

Message 32 of 51 (1,167 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Psychotps To keep the Bug Report uncluttered, we can just simplify and add our own information to it. I added my 'Me Too' to the Bug Report and I will go ahead and add the video, and you could add your screenshots and description, etc. The other posters here @sne888 @siirysiir  can also add their information &/or their 'Me Too' to the Bug Report to confirm they are also seeing the issue in their game, if indeed they see it as the same issue. Thanks again, Psychotps!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 33 of 51 (1,153 Views)

Re: Platform height changes when creating a room on it.

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Psychotps Thank you for creating the Bug Report. I was able to reproduce this in my game also. I made a video here of the process: https://youtu.be/n8tY5AC-qLI

My info: I am on Mac, never use Mods or CC, my game is fully updated, and I own all packs.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 34 of 51 (1,186 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@SheriGR I didn't want to clutter up the server space by adding the pics twice, but I'll go ahead and edit it...
Message 35 of 51 (1,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I just got done building a nightclub on a new lot and had the same glitch. It's the first time I've tried using a lot of platforms. I basically had a platform for most of the lot except for the dancing area in the center which was on the ground.

The platform was 4 levels high. When I tried drawing a bathroom on the platform, as soon as the new room was joined, it deleted everything everywhere on all the adjoining platforms and raised them all up an additional 4 levels.

It wasn't even a complicated design. Only 1 story, medium height walls, square room:

01-04-21_5-59-15 PM.jpg

01-04-21_5-59-54 PM.jpg

Full discussion in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Building-walls-raises-platforms/m-p/9924753#M4...

Message 36 of 51 (1,174 Views)

@Psychotps

There is already a bug report here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Platforms-autonomously-raise-height/m-p/9760549

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 37 of 51 (1,131 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Bluebellflora Of course there is. No matter how hard I look, I can never find one. I think the whole search feature is messed up.
Message 38 of 51 (1,115 Views)

Multiple posts and threads now merged into this master bug report on the issue.

It is NOT CC/Mod related.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 39 of 51 (1,067 Views)

Sims 4 platforms automatically raise

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? i got some CC but i have seen others get this bug even without it-
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? step 1 make a platform step 2 put wals around the platform 3 make a room (usually against one of the outer walls
What happens when the bug occurs? the platform with automaticall raise (i think it dubbels in size) as soon you put the last wall for a room
What do you expect to see? i expect being able to build without automatically raising of platforms but stay the size ive set them too
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

as you can see the stairs went automatically from 3 to 6

Message 40 of 51 (1,000 Views)