[FIXED] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

by obi-kenobi-stan

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

★★ Guide
@imhotep168 So I see (just endured reading the Patch Notes). They devote the lions share to *drum-roll* MORE pointless content that'll likely cause bugs! Then they don't even BOTHER to address anything Gardening related/adjacent let alone the ones that brought us to this forum thread! Of course by this point I've stopped playing TS4 all-together, and I keep tabs on this thread, only because I want to see IF the Gardening bugs ever get fixed. Thanks for the heads-up btw.
Message 461 of 478 (2,804 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I keep having plants shrinking back into a pile of dirt. Seeing I need the money provided by my harvest (doing a Rags to Riches/100 baby challenge) this is very annoying to say the least. I honestly don't get why it's taking so long for it to get fixed! I do understand that the priority probably lies with earning money from new packs, but come on, this could've been fixed a long time ago. It's getting to a point where I slowly lose my will to play the game

Message 462 of 478 (2,695 Views)

RESETTING MATURE PLANTS.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.32
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant something wait for it to mature. Harvest and then the plant eventually resets itself.
What happens when the bug occurs? Fully mature plants reset to just planted state.
What do you expect to see? Mature plants shouldn't rest and should stay matured when in seasonal or sheltered I had a huge perfect garden at one point and now it's gone because of these updates
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm just tired of everything not working properly. My massive garden had no issues until Eco update. Now I lost everything. 

Message 463 of 478 (2,546 Views)

★★ Guide
I've been coming across this recently also with Sage at two homes, as well as Basil at one of them.
Message 464 of 478 (2,502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I am also having this issue. I had a fully functioning garden with every crop, all at perfect that now either wont grow (they stay in the seeded stage), despite all proper conditions being met, that cannot be tended, harvested, or watered, don't show when they *are* properly watered, and can't have anything done to them. My sims go out to them to "tend garden" and it says "no plants need tended at the moment." But I also cant harvest them. On other lots, plants revert back to a harvestable item looking model (IE, a basil bush turns back into a piece of basil on the floor waiting to be planted.

PLEASE fix this EA! This is game breaking for someone like me who has a garden on every single lot I play, and all of them are broken.

Message 465 of 478 (2,408 Views)

★★ Guide

This is occurring for me every single sim day now, at least one plant, often many more, will randomly revert to dirt piles.

It has been MONTHS now without a single fix. WHY? I am getting truly angry now. Gardening is such a staple of gameplay for so many players, and this gardening bug has been around UNFIXED, for MONTHS. Why the [bleep] is it not more of a priority to fix???

I am tired of my hard work and effort and time WASTED on a garden that is STILL BROKEN.

What do we have to do, tweet all the devs en masse? Ask the popular game changers to say something about it? This is RIDICULOUS. Fix the [bleep]ing garden bugs, for the love of [bleep].

Message 466 of 478 (2,336 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Trishields

Well, I have a mod that fixes the sage/basil problem, but I don't understand why so many people are having so many of their other crops revert to dirt piles. I've played dozens of saves, MANY households and had it happen to me ONCE, but it's severely rare. I use gardening on EVERY lot and I haven't been able to duplicate the problem, even on the household it occurred before.

If I could only reliably duplicate the problem, I'd see if I could fix it... but the problem almost never happens to me.
Message 467 of 478 (2,285 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, October 28th here and the bug is still occurring, here is my sim playing with her cowplant that suddenly shrank and appears thus:

10-28-20_12-33-24 AM.png

Please do something.

Message 468 of 478 (2,245 Views)

★★★ Novice

Add me to the list. So incredibly frustrating. It affects all of my plants. Not just one kind. I am trying to create a money fruit farm. I have about 10 trees. Some I've never harvested because they never completely grow. Some I can collect or harvest but I have to be fast because they shrink back within a 24hr sim period. I just want it fixed!

Message 469 of 478 (2,202 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine don't all turn into harvestables, but when they do, the harvestable cannot be picked up. Most of the time they turn into dirt piles and then never regrow, even if the plant is in season.

Message 470 of 478 (2,147 Views)